ONE

• "No rain, no flowers

• "No rain, no flowers." •
–anonymous

TW: PHYSICAL AND VERBAL ABUSE AHEAD
————————————————————-

WILLA:

A young girl sat at the top of her roof, awaiting the time to open her window, waiting for her peace to turn into chaos. Her soft black lengthened strands blowing in the wind as she took a deep and shaky breath, more so to prepare herself for any possible outcome.

She hated it, never catching a single break in her current household. Her classification wouldn't make it any better sadly, if anything she was feeling even more anxious than normal. She couldn't help but let a single tear fall from her eye at the thoughts roaming all over her mind, it was complete chaos in such a small brain.

She had only wished the world would just stop for a single minute, a single time of silence or to be able to take in everything that was going to happen, to hear such peace in knowing everything would be okay.

Yet she could only wrap her small and frail arms around her self pitifully through her own silent cries, in a small attempt to comfort herself with such a small gesture. No one was there to comfort her, to hear the words she needed so much.

She was all alone, she would always be alone.

She got up to brace herself after only a few moments before climbing down quietly into the yard, trying to quietly make it through the back and to her own space to sleep.

Sadly, the choice didn't work in her favor. Her father could hear the back door creak immediately, while noticing the heavy footsteps of her father coming towards her distraction. After a while she had almost memorized the difference in footsteps just by the person, from the environment she grew up in it was essential so she could survive.

"Willa, is that you?" Her fathers gruff and emotionless voice spoke out, she could only nod while their eyes dangerously connected. Willa on the other hand only held fear in her expressions, her father was just pure dominance and power hungry.

Not a single look of love was in his eyes, nor her own mothers.

"Do you have it?" He questioned warningly, almost daring to find out the classification that wasn't one of their own. Both of her parents grew up to be a neutral, they had believed that the system was annoying and unnecessary.

She had grown up to fear instead of love, because as the yelling and physical pain from them began, She had followed them like a lost puppy, reassuring herself they would eventually change. Although they didn't, there is still time. She constantly reassured her mind on a daily basis, almost as if it was a routine.

'They just need time, that's it.'

The small girl grasped her old and worn dollar tree backpack, while her hands began to get clammy. She finally took ahold of the paper, the same document wanted to shrink away from. Willa watched as he forcefully took the paper out of her hands while his entire demeanor had darkened. With careful and alerting eyes, she started to step backwards as he showed it to Willa's mother.

Both of their gazes held anger and disappointment, one that She could never forget. Willa felt as if they could have killed her in that moment, they probably would have.

"get out." He mumbled almost too calmly, she tilted her head in confusion and panic as she wanted to almost reassure that it wasn't what she heard. "P-please, I'll h-hide it." She whispered out in a pleading tone, he scoffed at her annoying begging almost embarrassed.

"Out." Her mother spoke out, without any emotion like her father she sobbed softly with fear. "P-please I'll do a-anything you w-want- I can't live on my own I'll do- I'll d-do everything-"

A harsh slap was echoed across the room, the sound filling her own ears as a painful sensation fell upon her face. She listened to the angry and uneven heavy breaths of her own father, observing his fists clenched at his sides.

"I. Said. Get. Out!" Her father raised his voice in a menacing tone, fists raising towards her face and making contact with her face once again...and again. "P-Please s-sir." She almost hoped he would change his mind, but he didn't.

He kicked her forcibly towards her ribs, watching as she fell to the floor before wrapping his arms tightly around her delicate neck. The same little girl with such gentle nature. "You fucking listen to me, I am not your fucking friend, so don't speak to me like one. You have caused nothing but problems here, now that your 18 I want you OUT!"

Willa tried clawing at her own fathers hands, the same ones cutting off her oxygen. The same hands that should be used for comfort was only used as a weapon for himself, for her.

She took in his angry voice, clenching his teeth so tightly she was in disbelief they didn't even break. Maybe he was write, was she such a problem?

She watched as he finally let go as her vision began to fade, running towards any exit close by before taking off as fast as she could muster in this state of disassociation, although she had called it her 'happy place' and she desperately needed it more than anything right now.

She should have felt free in that moment, but all she had felt was terror and confusion. Wishing there was some invisible comfort towards her like a lifeline of safety.

Like the rain pouring onto her body would somehow bring some sort of acknowledgment to her own poor mental state, while the thunder rumbled in the distance making her hold back a quiet sob of frustration.

She wished, but yet to her it was completely vile and unrealistic.

She felt like she was all out of touch.

——————————————————————

First chapter rewritten I hope you like it :)