THREE

"Sometimes we have to leave behind things that aren't good for us in the end

"Sometimes we have to leave behind things that aren't good for us in the end." — Anonymous
———————————————————————

WILLA:

"You're a disgrace, Willa!" I hear my father's voice shout, his last and only words towards me made tears cloud my vision instantly.

His loud voice rips through the neighborhood. Now, it was stuck in my thoughts forever, the image of my father's angry figure standing in the doorway, wanting absolutely nothing to do with his own daughter. The face of making sure I knew that I was completely and utterly...

Nothing. Useless. Ungrateful.

I could always smell the cigarettes covering his breath, the smell now bringing myself into a panic, making myself want to vomit.

His thoughts were always sober, so truthful. He always wanted me to know my place as a woman, that there actually was no place if I was a little.

I don't stop running, I push past people on the sidewalk who give me side glances of both concern and disgust, almost being pitied at the sight. Even though I was finally away from my father, I didn't feel free. I didn't have anywhere to go, no shelter, no food, no money. I didn't even have my blanket or comforting stuffed plush from my house, somehow hoping to heal me in this horrible dilemma from being little.

The sun sets into a haze as my legs shakingly carry me as far as I can possibly go, I couldn't be weak anymore, I couldn't be so small. I didn't have the slightest idea where exactly I was, truth be told I had never gone outside of my own house before, besides school.

I lost count of how many blocks I'd passed. The street signs aren't familiar and I was shivering from the blistering cold. I don't recognize any of the people here and I begin to feel myself slipping, no. I can't, not this soon. I try my best to hold in my mindset, but my headspace gets the best of me.

I felt my breathing hitch as I looked everywhere I could for any safe place.

There was a park in the distance, not too far from my preferable vision. I use the rest of my strength to take myself over to the park and climb into one of the tunnels.

I sigh as my legs can finally relax with slight hesitance, although my body was screaming at me to let my body give in, I couldn't chance it.

My stomach rumbles with protest as I sob softly, the feeling of exhaustion and hunger finally creeping up on me. All I want to do was curl up in a fetal position and fall asleep, but I know I never will.

It's too risky to be that vulnerable.

After careful thought, I lay back in the tunnel and brought my hand to my mouth. My thumb makes it's way into my mouth for comfort. Sucking on it will take my mind away from the hunger that's consuming me. At least for a little while.

———————————

THIRD:

Willa had eventually woken up about two hours after falling asleep to the clasping sound of thunder, the sound making the 'little' almost fling from her own spot shortly after in terror. Luckily, to her relief the tunnel had enclosed enough around her.

Although, the sound of thunder is enough to put her into a state of alertness, the rain heavily thumping onto the top of the tunnel with force.

It should be calming, but with the lack of shelter, the rain makes her shiver slightly as she has little to no clothes on besides a worn and oversized wool sweater.

Was this...What the real world was like?

While the poor girl's body is becomes slightly numb and uncomfortable from her soaking clothes that stick to her body, the aching in her head begs to stop as tears pour from Willa's heavily bruised face.

The smaller girl hates everys second of it, hearing the wind whistle from outside as she holds back a scream every time she hears the cracking sound of thunder and lightning quietly lighting the tunnel above her.

The storm lasted hours. Willa's had never been too fond of storms and this definitely didn't make it better. She's outside and alone while the storm gets undeniably worse. She clutches her legs to her chest, fully slipped into her little headspace, while crying her heart out. Her crying can barely be heard over the storm as it rages on outside her little den.

If only she had her precious stuffed plush, if only she could just hug him a little longer. Maybe then, maybe it wouldn't be so bad for her. Maybe Willa would feel better if she wasn't alone, but she's been alone. For hours.

In the early morning hours around 3am, the thunder starts to die down and the lightning subsides. The rain turns into a light, calming, repeated drip instead of harsh, sideways pelts that flood her entire shelter. Now, she's just cold. Even more than before and she can't even stop it.

She tries to ignore the constant shivers in her body or the chatters of disagreement from her teeth. She wants to, but there's no way to stop it.

There isn't any way to fix what happened.

She just has to adapt and maybe find a way to her place, if she had one. Truth be told, she never knew how to be a kid, even while regressed because there was no 'inner child' in her to begin with.

God, had she gotten anything else, it might have been easier. How can she learn to be a kid in this state? Even while she's regressed, she's quite confused on how a park works as she's never played on one. Her father wouldn't allow her at school, told her teachers that it was a risk for asthma and other injuries. Funny how the only injuries she ever sustained were at home.

What if he's right? A park is weird anyways, how can you play on something shaped like this?

Willa feels her eyes slowly close, not knowing if it's from the hypothermia that would soon be setting in or if it's something else. Nevertheless, she's just hoping something takes her out sooner rather than later.

After all she is a little, who has no place in the world.

Useless. Ungrateful. Nothing.

That is all she will ever be, in her mind, the small 18-year-old girl lets her eyes close to the gentle sounds of the rain faintly surrounding her. She curls up inside of the tunnel to keep her as warm as possible, "U-Useless, Ungrateful... nothing." The small girl whispers weakly to herself, letting her body go limp into a heavy sleep.

——————————————————-

I actually cried almost while making this tbh