NINE

——————————————————————————

"Mother, What does it feel like to be hurt too many times?"

"Well, when you don't take care of a beautiful flower, it holds itself up prideful, but if you don't care and treat with love. What happens?"

"The flower dies, and it doesn't look as pretty as it was."

————————————————————————

NO ONE:

A few hours of shopping later, they were finally finished with their shopping and the poor girl was starting to trip behind them. The two tried to ignore it until she fell forward after tripping on her own feet with tired eyes, although before she could hit the floor Izzy was adamant on catching her before the girl could even blink. She flinched slightly, but looked up towards the woman who stared back with an unreadable expression. "You okay baby?"

Lyrics words made her nod slightly before Izzy silently lifted her into her arms, Lyric was surprised at her wife's actions but didn't say a word. The small girl took in her scent while her head was buried into her shoulder, welcomed with the comforting scent of sandalwood and cinnamon. "S-safe." Willa had mustered out into a whisper, Izzy had to hide her small amount of shock while refraining from melting at the adorable girl's one word.

Lyric smiled gently at the pair while they managed to get to their car, Izzy reluctantly handed the girl to Lyric once she was deemed asleep. She unloaded the bags before Waiting until the girl was settled and grabbing the car seat, she managed to hook it into the seat after many frustrated grunts. "Alright, put the little squirt in." She stated before walking to the drivers seat, Lyric had to stop an eye roll at her wife's actions.

Once she buckled the small girl inside, she placed her stuffed plush within her arms and kissed her head gently. "You know, I can tell you like her." Lyric hummed while sitting in the passenger, she watched her wife huff slightly before driving out of the parking lot.

"No, I only tolerate her." Lyric remarked while focusing on the road, occasionally staring back at the small girl through the rear view mirror and only proving Lyric's point. "Don't say it." The woman glanced at her wife with narrowed eyes, watching her knowing smile appear at first glance. "I didn't say anything." Lyric started smartly, trying to hide the cheekiness in her tone.

Izzy stared at the brunette with narrowed eyes before silently staring back towards the four lane highway, her mind in deep thought from the previous events. She would let her eyes meet Willa's sleeping figure before avoiding her eyes once again, was she really ready to have another little again?

She felt as if she would be hurting her boy, yet would he want her to move on after hurting for so long?

She sighed with a shaking and uneven Breath at the thought of his death flooding her mind, making her vision blur slightly and immediately shake it off. "Hey." She heard the soothing voice of her lover, the voice snapping her effectively out of her own trance. She felt her eyes soften at the sound before visibly relaxing once again. "Hm?" She let the small noise come out of her mouth, as she couldn't form her own words once she parked in front of the familiar gate of the house. "Baby, please look at me." Lyric soothed softly bringing her delicate yet firm hand to her chin, letting their own eyes meet at her movements. "Better."

"What do you want me to say?" Izzy spoke out with a cracked voice, her mind going what felt like a million miles a minute. "You don't have to say anything my love, just take slow and deep breaths for me." Lyric whispered gently into her wife's ear, Izzy focused on her voice with ease while still trying to listen to her words. "It's not w-working, am I gonna die?" She whispered fearfully, her breathing picking up in her vulnerable state. She hated it, she was a caregiver. Not only that- she was a leader, of a dangerous group that needed her.

She couldn't afford to be like this, so weak and pitied.

Yet, her wife's touch could melt her like rain falling on a cloudy day. Somehow her beautiful smile had felt like home, like a safety blanket.

"Would he be mad?" Izzy whispered in a broken tone, Lyric gave a softened look towards her wife while pressing a reassuring peck to her cheek. "I'm not sure my love, but I'm sure he wouldn't want us to be unhappy." Lyric pointed out comfortingly, Izzy looked towards her wife while sighing in agreement after a moment. She was right.

Theo would have been the kid to scold her a million times if he saw her like this, she just felt guilty and wrongful to have another. "It just- it feels like I'm replacing him." Izzy spoke hesitantly before Lyric let her gentle nails run through her hair, making her relax immediately. "We aren't, nobody is replacing anybody. You know him, he wouldn't want us suffering for this long, it's been 7 years Iza."

Izzy took in her words silently staring at the girl in the backseat, had it really been that long? She hadn't been counting really, it felt like it was only soon before they lost their precious boy. It felt like she still couldn't breathe without him, yet the connection she felt with the small girl made her heart swarm.

"I know— I just, I miss him." Izzy cracked out, desperately trying to hold in her sobs. Lyric teared up herself at her wife's state, nodding at her words. "I know, I miss him too." She whispered warmly, continuing to provide calming physical contact to her wife.

"It couldn't be too hard right? We've done it once, we can do it again, we can do this." Lyric spoke reassuringly, leaving yet another kiss towards the older woman's soft lips.

Yea, she could do this.

————————————————————————

Hey guys! Sorry if this chapter was a little rushed I just wanted to give you a chapter to make you guys happy, I hope you all enjoy let me know how you feel, comment and vote if you'd like :)