FIVE

———————————————————————

"You have to be patient for the good things to come

"You have to be patient for the good things to come." — Anonymous

———————————————————————

NO ONE:

Willa's stomach growled in annoyance of starvation, for the last few days after going to the restaurant she practically cried in pain from her abdomen. She just wanted to go home, but she didn't even have a home.

She was alone, that's all she could realize as she broke down in a nearby alleyway, the terrible feeling leaving her stomach clench from a desperate overwhelming pit of cries.
She could only hope somehow she would adjust to her surroundings and new environment somehow, then she could survive on her own and prove her parents wrong.

When she met Lyric it seemed to have her stomach churn in fear yet excitement at the fact, she was confused on how to feel.

She decided to go to the little shop again, she walked towards the same area finding herself right in front of it, she cautiously walked towards the door before opening it slowly.

When she walked in she was greeted by the delightful smell she couldn't yet decipher, what smelled like pure heaven to the girl.

"Hey sweetheart, want something to eat?" Lyric stated softly without question, she could hear the soft pattered feet but her frown had deepened at the sight of the girls tear tracks. She wanted so desperately to comfort her, but knew that the girl was nowhere near ready.

Willa could only nod at the pain in her stomach, a plate was laid out for her almost immediately making her eyes widen in astonishment, little did the girl know the woman had a plate ready for whenever she may have come in.

"It's shrimp cojita, with rice and tamales. I have a drink for you too, eat as much as you need mi amor." The woman spoke gently, the girl nodded with hesitance before starting to scarf down the food. "Hey hey, don't eat so fast. I don't want you to choke, okay?"

The girl nodded slightly before eating at a safer pace, the food was amazing to say the least, it was nothing like she ever had before. She kept glancing up at the woman to make sure she wasn't too close and eventually she had finished, only for Lyric to slowly give the drink.

"What's your name?" Willa stared up at the girl with a curious gaze, trying to read her intentions but failing. The warm tone and energy she had radiated felt nothing but safe though, it made her think different.

"I-I W-Willa, I b-big giwrl." She mumbled making the older woman coo gently, she had nothing but adoration at the small girl in front of her. She wanted to take her in her arms and protect her from everything in the world, she hadn't felt like this since they lost him.

Her precious boy.

It scared her more than anything, yet the little girl in front of her needed her presence more than anything in this moment, she couldn't leave her to fend for herself, not like this.

"Can you possibly be big for a second, Willa?" She stated softly in question, her voice was serious but made sure the girl meant no harm. The last thing she wanted is ruin the little progress she made with the poor girl, once she saw the subtle nod she could only smile.

Willa stared at the woman silently, more caution in her eyes than before. Truthfully she doesn't think she's ever been big with the woman previously, that had to mean something right?

"So, I want to make sure your safe, I know you haven't known me for long but I have a spare bedroom in my house, food, shelter, and I'd make sure that you would get anything you need for the time being.—"

"I don't know your situation and you don't have to tell me, but I don't want you to come in here starved Every time. It's completely up to you, but you would have your freedom." Lyric rambled out, her breath getting caught slightly from the action. She watched as Willa sat in deep thought, she gave the girl some time before anything, god only knows what she had been through before she came to her restaurant.

"I-I don't w-want a-anyone to h-hurt me." The girl whimpered, tears clouding her vision as the taller woman's face dropped in anger and sadness when seeing the pained and terrified look in her eyes. "No, no, listen to me. You may think I'm only a stranger, but I would never, and I mean ever let anyone hurt you. Nobody will lay a hand on you as long as I'm there, everyone who lives there is so nice."

Willa nodded hesitantly after hearing the truthfulness in her tone, she knew living like how she was the girl wouldn't survive for much longer. She needed to learn how to survive. Even though she was scared, Lyric had been nothing but kind to her both big and little.

"How about some ice cream, would that make you happy baby?" Lyric asked gently crouching within a safe distance for her own comfort, Willa hesitantly nodded as tears clouded her vision. She felt herself let out a small hiccup and sniffle before tears ran down her face gently, why couldn't it be easy to hate her?

Willa had asked this multiple times but her mind and body wouldn't let her, the small girls mind betraying her as her body and mind felt tingly, clouded, more fuzzy, she hated how she couldn't think.

"Hey, hey, why the tears love bug?" The young woman cooed out towards her emotionally distressed figure, she hated seeing the poor girl crying in such a fearful state. "N-no knoe."

(No know)

"Okay, that's okay, just cry as much as you need I'll sit right here, is that okay with you?" Lyric asked calmly, Lyric never once degraded her or undermined Willa and she loved it.
She still felt human, but the most comforted she's been in so long while vulnerable like this.

She wasn't a normal caregiver, yet she wasn't a normal little either, it was like it was the best but unusual mix she had seen. She cried for what felt like so long, after a while Lyric had offered her hand reached out slowly and carefully as if she was a scared animal.

"Hold it, like this." Lyric stated softly demonstrating her own two hands interlocking with each other, immediately Willa had understood the offer and hesitantly reached towards her hand shakily. When her frail pointer finger reached towards her own, she felt a sense of endorphins running through her body as a sixth sense. She didn't know what to think in that moment as she stared ahead.

She felt her hands gently circle the back of her hands and travel slowly to her palm, her body visibly relaxed at the action while sniffing gently. "Do we feel better?" Lyric asked the now exhausted and drained girl in front of her, a few subtle sniffs heard occasionally.

Willa played with her hands curiously in childlike wonder, she wondered what had possibly been so special about this woman to make her feel so safe, she never wanted to leave what sacred yet, profound feeling inside.

————————————————————-

Oh lord so much has happened, I completely haven't had the time to update so I hope you guys enjoy, I stayed up to make sure it got to you guys🥺