EIGHT

———————————————————————————

"Her smile can light up a thousand cities."

———————————————————————

NO ONE:

Once the three arrived at the mall, Willa looked at the large groups of people walking towards the entrance with anxiousness. She had never been around this many people at once and it terrified her, Lyric must have noticed her anxiety because she was quick to place a gentle hand of reassurance on her arm.

"I'm right here love, we can go online shopping if you aren't comfortable. Just tap my shoulder and say the word, we can leave without question." The woman had stated seriously, Willa was confused at the sudden immense amount of care she had gotten.

She went from nothing, to everything.

She hated how overwhelming it seemed, so much love and physical contact was practically foreign. So much understanding, much less listening to her body language without having to even tell them. She couldn't help but feel angry at how naive she was, naive to think her previous parents were normalized to act the way they did. "Do you want to go in?"

Willa had simply nodded at her questioning, making a proud expression plaster on the Lyric's face. She melted at the reaction, she had never made anyone proud.

So proud...for something so small.

Was she really that good?

She held a firm hand to Lyric, practically clinging to her as her arm was placed gently around her body. The protective arms holding her was somehow enough to make her entire body relax like Jello, walking into the entrance with the two taller women was enough for her.

"Come on love, I have the perfect place for you." She stated as Izzy smirked in entertainment, watching her wife practically usher her into the store. "Careful babe, she won't fly away." Izzy chuckled at the gentle but firm hold around the frail girl, her wife simply looked unimpressed by her joke though.

"A human flew away once, it only took 2,754 balloons for it to happen." Lyric rambled as Izzy tilted her head in confusion at the numbers. "That- that was oddly...specific. Either way, I doubt there are over 100 balloons in this mall babe." Lyric nodded hesitantly as they walked around to the clothing, Lyric quickly picking up a soft 'Winnie the Pooh' onesie with foot covering. "What do you think bug?" She asked smiling at the regressor still clinging to her hold, Willa stared up at the pajamas, they were yellow and white and looked really pretty which made her agree.

Once she saw the girl nod, she quickly held onto it. It only took about half an hour before Lyric had somehow accumulated half the store, once they checked out, they walked towards a store for her room. "Go pick something bug."

Once Willa heard Lyric's words she was hesitant before walking towards the bedding, still clinging to the woman's hand. She stared at a set that had woodland animals filling the entirety, specifically a frog. The background was a navy blue with matching throw pillows.

She liked frogs.

She always read about them in the books her father had from his work as a child, she was sure he was a scientist even though it could have been different. "D-dat? Peas..." she trailed off gently, Lyric smiled before nodding. She was quick to put it in a cart along with the bags previously, she had given her some Decorations as well despite her protest.

They also decided on putting rails on the bed, that way no matter the age she didn't get hurt nor feel obligated at her age range.

"Last but not least, toys." Lyric stated innocently as they walked out of the store, she tried to ignore the girls eyes lighting up immediately at the word. "T-toy?" She says in slight awe and disbelief, she never really had toys at all as a kid. She wondered what they had been like! "Yea bug, go pick one." She says softly leading her to the toy isle, the girl hummed gently in thought. Izzy had to hold back a Coo at the adorable girl, yet she couldn't help the guilt eating her alive if she would.

The small girl spotted a large plush woolly mammoth sitting on a lower shelf, she smiled happily picking up the slightly larger plush with ease. "D-dis e-es S-Seb'ass'n!" She exclaimed shyly before looking at them with wide doe and pleading eyes. "K-keep 'em?"

Lyric cooed and nodded immediately at the adorable girl's excitement, "of course you can love bug, what else do you want?" She asked as Izzy picked out random toys off the shelves when she small girl wasn't looking, once Lyric had noticed she chuckled slightly.

"D-dis o-onl'ee one m-me w-want." Willa stated smiling, the small gesture was enough to bring the most happiness that she had ever experienced and it melted the rather cold couple next to her. "Are you sure honey?"

Willa didn't hesitate to nod, she was so happy and all she needed was Sebastian, Sebastian was enough for her.

——————————————————————

Slightly short chapter but hope you enjoyed!