Chapter 6

A/N - College can actually kiss my ass I have 4 exams in the next week 😃

Enjoyyy...

~~~

Staring at the two suitcases by the front door made me frown a little, it felt like I'd just started getting to know my brother and now he was leaving.

"Do you have to go?", I held onto Chase a little tighter when it was my turn to hug him, he chuckled and rubbed a hand on my back delicately.

"Kinda how college works Izzy", he replied, "I'll be back before you know it". For some reason that didn't comfort me at all, I squeezed him again before letting go with a sigh.

"You promise to call?", I took in his appearance one more time; he had his blonde waves tied into a rough bun today with grey joggers and a white t-shirt on; his glasses were perched on his nose and hearing aids sat in his ears, I'd never even asked him about those.

"Every day", he smiled, "who's driving me to the airport?".

"That'll be me", Caleb smirked although I could see he wasn't exactly happy and I got it - Chase had spent the past month here and everyone had fallen back into routine, now he was going back.

"Later man, don't stick your face in too many books", Xander hugged him and patted his back a few times; while Chase was two years older they were both roughly the same height.

"And please try and get out a bit, live a little Chasey", Xav took his turn after and Chase rolled his eyes, "say hi to Rory". Who was Rory?

"Keep working hard kid, you know we're all proud of you", Scott squeezed his little brother tightly and kissed the side of his head, "have a safe flight, and call when you land, and when you-".

"Let the boy breathe Prescott", Zane stepped forwards to interrupt, "keep doing whatever it is you do Chase, because it's working".

"I'll keep that in mind", Chase laughed, "okay, I'll catch you guys later - Izzy, you'll be fine on your first day of school". He ruffled my hair and picked up both of his cases, following Caleb out of the front door; and with that, he was gone.

~~

I don't know about fine, I was shitting it now that the day had come; I don't even know why, I was fucking great at socialising. Plus, I'd heard Americans had a thing for British accents.

"You've barely touched your food Izzy", Xav gripped the back of my chair and swayed back and forth on his feet, "everything okay?".

"Yeah, just not hungry", I shrugged, pushing my plate of toast further away from myself, he reached over my head and took a piece of the buttered bread- why were his hands shaking?, "everything with you?".

"Hell yeah, I'm excited", he grinned, taking a huge ass bite and groaning, "you seen my keys?".

"House or Jeep?", I looked up at him and he scratched his nose.

"Uh, both?", he smiled sheepishly; one thing I'd realised about Xav is that he misplaced everything - literally everything.

"House keys are on the coffee table and Jeep ones are on the stairs", I told him and he kissed my forehead.

"Lifesaver", he mumbled as he strolled away, "shoes, shoes, shoes". I rolled my eyes and twiddled my thumbs, god it would be easier to be attending my school back in London right now; I needed to stop with the pessimism.

"Good morning Isabella", I knew those footsteps, that deep ass voice, from anywhere; I smiled at my eldest brother as he turned on the coffee machine in the corner and leaned against the breakfast bar opposite me, "first day nerves?".