Chapter 44

A/N - bet you didn't expect me back this soon...

For the last time this book...enjoy the chapter ❤️

PS - thank you for 16k <3
~~~

"We're going from oldest to youngest, it was Zane's birthday yesterday", Xav tossed the remote to our oldest brother who caught it without a second thought before leaning back into the sofa and resting his head on Phoenix's shoulder, the fact he was actually in a relationship was still beyond me.

"And who's birthday is it tomorrow?", I frowned and his eyes widened, "Xander bring the popcorn!".

"Hold the fuck on!", he yelled back and I rolled my eyes.

"Watch your mouth Alexander", Zane warned, "Caleb put the phone down".

"Yes sir", he saluted, tossing it down and sitting on Chase's lap, "your film choice better be good".

"And yours is gonna be Despicable Me", Zane raised an eyebrow.

"So what?", he scowled, "Ezra, toss me a pillow". My boyfriend nodded and dashed one at him before sitting back on the sofa and patting his thigh; I lay back on his lap and he began to tame my hair gently, I'd fall asleep before Xander got in here at this rate.

"Can you hurry the fuck up Xander?", Xav yelled, "we're all waiting on you!". A groan filled the house, followed by the over the top slamming of cupboards.

"Then come and do it your fucking self!", came his even louder reply, "jesus christ!".

"Watch your mouths, the pair of you", Zane pinched the bridge of his nose, "I apologise for them".

"I don't", Xander finally entered the room with four bowls of popcorn in his grasp, somehow, "he's gonna get used to the mess that our family is at some point".

"He's not wrong", Xav backed him up and Xander scoffed.

"Don't speak, you're pissing me off", he snapped and Xav rolled his eyes, "pass me the snake".

"Gladly", Caleb grimaced, handing King to his owner. Xander grinned and sat on the other side of Phoenix who shuffled closer towards his boyfriend straight away.

"You have a snake", he said to Xander, his fingers practically digging into Zane's thigh.

"I have a snake", he nodded, admiring the long black reptile, "wanna hold him?". The way he paled gave us his answer.

"Alexander", Zane warned and he chuckled, "do I have to embarrass you to get the point across?".

"I dare you", he narrowed his eyes at him and scoffed.

"Can we start the film? We're gonna be here all day otherwise", Chase, one of the only voices of reason in this goddamn house, spoke up. He was curled up by my feet with Caleb perched awkwardly in his lap.

"It's meant to take the whole day, we're bonding with Ezra and Phoenix", I told him and Caleb turned, ruffling his little brother's hair.

"You woke up on the wrong side of bed, what's up?", he asked him, Chase swatted his hand away and rolled his eyes.

"I'm tired, and I've got a fucking headache Caleb", well then.

"Goddamn", Ezra whispered to me, "they sure are somethin'".

"You can say that again", I muttered.

"So take out the hearing aids, no need to get angry", Cay leaned further into him and patted his thigh, "chin up Chasey".

"Yeah Chasey boy", Xav teased, we weren't gonna make it through one film at this point.

"I hate you all", he mumbled, "apart from Izzy". Of course.