Chapter 10

A/N - Lauren Asher's books >>🥵

Enjoyyy <3
~~~

"You look so fucking hot!", Amelia practically threw herself onto me as soon as the door opened - I swear there was a bigger turnout here than there was for Theo's party and that was saying something.

"You look hotter!", I screamed back, "have you started drinking without me?".

"Hey", Caleb put a hand on my shoulder and leaned into my ear, kicking the door shut at the same time, "go easy - I'm going to find Theo". I gave him a thumbs up and he vanished within three seconds, Amelia grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the now crowded living room.

"I'll get you a drink in a minute, come meet some people!", she shouted over the music.

"I haven't even said happy birthday yet!", I chuckled, "happy birthday!".

"Thank you Izzy", she grinned, "okay, here we are". I instantly recognised Gray, Cooper and Ezra; the birthday boy was in a similar suit to Caleb except he actually had a tie on, it was blue and matched Amelia's flowing dress, he gave me a salute and wink when I handed him his bag of presents.

Cooper was in a white tracksuit and had a plastic cup of whatever in it, he smiled in my direction when he saw me and leaned towards Ezra who hadn't noticed me yet - he seemed pretty.....preoccupied. He glanced up, seemingly uncomfortable as his Adam's apple bobbed up and down, when his eyes settled on me he calmed and sent a weak smile my way; it didn't take a genius to realise he was uncomfortable with all the people surrounding him.

"Assholes!", Amelia addressed the other three unknown people (2 guys and a girl) who were here and they listened, "this is my best friend Izzy Delgado! Izzy, that's Soren, he's Sawyer and she's Callie".

"They're our cousins!", Gray added and I chuckled.

"Nice to meet you guys", I grinned as I handed Amelia her bag, "Ezra, wanna get a drink?". He sighed in relief and nodded, standing up and edging past everyone with his hands squeezed tightly in front of him - yeah this really wasn't his scene.

The kitchen was full of kids from our school, how the hell did Delilah and Reed allow this in their house? I lead Ezra to what seemed to be the only empty area of the room where he leaned against the counter and exhaled slowly- I was so fucking close to rubbing a hand on his back then.

"Saved my ass darlin'", he admitted, "appreciate it".

"You okay?", I asked before cringing, "stupid question, my bad".

"Better now you're here", he shrugged and turned to face me; he was in grey joggers, a black t-shirt and a silver chain sat on his chest - simple but fucking effective if you ask me, "parties ain't my thing".

"I gathered", I nodded, "it'll start to clear out soon, in the meantime...you drink?".

"Vodka. Straight", he pointed towards a bottle sitting on the counter and I grabbed it, over half was already gone so we had to be quick, "if you want the job to be done, might as well get it done quick".

"Spoken like a true poet", I saluted him, grabbing two plastic cups and pouring shots, "to the twins, who we'll hopefully have a conversation with soon". He chuckled and hit his cup against mine, the burning sensation down my throat and into my stomach made me grin (let's pray Caleb wasn't watching).

"Who invited the nerd?", Ezra tipped his chin up and I turned around only to see Atlas hovering in the corner of the kitchen with a cup in hand.

"Holy shit", I chuckled, "will you be alright for two minutes tops?".