Chapter 8

A/N - release date for umbrella academy S3 just came out and idk how to act

Enjoyyy <3

~~~

The huge-ass leather chair, the huge-ass desk, the giant family portrait - take a guess on where I was right now.

"I understand you wanted to talk to me Isabella?", Zane gestured to the sofa and I sank into it cautiously as he steepled his fingers on his desk, "everything okay?".

"It's gonna sound stupid but I'm gonna say it anyway", I started off, "don't you think I'm gonna be a burden when we're meeting Talon?". He analysed my face in silence for what felt like an eternity before he leaned forwards.

"What makes you ask that?".

"This is like a huge milestone for Xander right? I've been here for what, five minutes? I feel like I'm intruding Zane", I found sudden interest in the arm of the sofa and fixed my gaze on it steadily.

"Look at me", he ordered and I obliged, didn't have to tell me twice, "I understand. But I won't let you feel like that, not when your arrival to this family so late was down to me; I get that missing out on so much has made you feel that being here for the memorable parts isn't right - but you are not a burden or an intruder Isabella, don't ever think that".

"Knew I was being stupid", I muttered and his mouth twitched into a smirk.

"Speaking about your feelings isn't stupid", he said and I nodded, "you talk to me when you're feeling anything. Now, I think it's time we met Alexander's boyfriend, don't you?".   

~

I was trying my hardest not to laugh right now - all of my brothers who were present had their poker faces on, attempting to look intimidating. Huge emphasis on attempting.

"You guys look so stupid", I muttered, "you think he's gonna be scared? You'd be better off putting guns instead of cutlery". Caleb pulled his hands out of his lap and placed two guns on either side of his plate - what the fuck?

"Caleb!", Scott exclaimed as I stared at him with wide eyes; he just had those the whole time?

"I didn't know she was joking!", he tried to defend himself as he grabbed them and tucked them away again, "lo siento princesa".

"You guys just....have guns like that?", I asked and Zane cleared his throat.

"For protection", he stated, "I don't know why Caleb has been so irresponsible to bring them to the dinner table". Caleb removed his cap and scratched his head sheepishly, what an idiot.

"We're here!", everyone straightened up and I snorted, lunatics.

"In here!", Xav called out and Caleb rolled his eyes.

"I think he got that idiot".

"What, like you got her joke about the guns?", he raised an eyebrow and I smirked, he sure knew how to make a comeback. Caleb didn't get a chance to reply because our brother and his boyfriend were now in the room - yeah they looked like an amazing couple.

Talon was a little shorter than my brother and had messy blonde hair, a ton of freckles and a pair of glasses perched on his nose; he was wearing some flared jeans with a black jumper as well as his nails being painted black too - his nails matched Xander's entire outfit.

"What's up?", Xander kept his hand in Talon's as he addressed the table, "guys this is my boyfriend Talon". God I was smiling so much right now and I wasn't the only one; all of their facades had broken down within five seconds of meeting him.