Chapter 17

A/N: Idek what this chapter is......

~~~

It had been two weeks since my trip to the ice rink with Xav, and two weeks since Xander had put a hole in the upstairs hallway wall for Xav letting Kelsey get away with calling me a bitch. His words not mine.

Aside from that, everything had been going smoothly; everyone had been in a good mood, I'd facetimed Chase every Friday and got to know Felix and Dakari a little and even met his girlfriend Aurora over the phone.

Today was November 22nd, and it was Talon's birthday. While he and Xander were going out for a meal with his family, Zane had convinced him to bring his boyfriend over to make up for the shitshow of a dinner we tried to have last time. Xander was apprehensive, but Caleb soon swore to be on his best behaviour.

We'd see how that went down.

"Why's he so fucking nice? And he's hot, god and he compliments me like 24/7- and even though when he whips out these long ass words I find it attractive Izzy", listening to Amelia waffle about Atlas had brought the biggest smile to my face, god she was falling for him, "what's going on?".

"Sounds like love", I grinned, "you need to take him somewhere that interests him too".

"Are you saying he might not like what we've been doing?", her eyes widened and she grabbed her phone, her face now taking up the whole screen, "god has he only been doing what I like to keep me happy?".

"Jesus, calm down", I told her, "I'm not saying that, but next time you go out, see if there's anything in particular that he wants to do".

"I've got it!", she declared, "there's this weird-ass museum he was talking about with like body parts in jars". Huh?

"That's not disturbing at all", I mumbled, "but yeah, take him". She laughed and threw herself back onto the bed.

"So, you're meeting Talon again?", she changed the subject and I nodded, "good luck- if it's anything like last time, you're gonna need it".

"It won't be", I sighed, "hopefully".

~

Sanity.

Defined as the ability to think or behave in a normal or rational manner.

And surprisingly what all of my brothers were possessing as we hung out with Talon around the dinner table.

Seeing as he and Xander had already eaten and we'd ordered a takeaway because apparently we weren't competent enough when our designated chef wasn't home, Zane had bought a cake for Talon that we were stuffing our faces with.

"So college", university, "what are you thinking of doing Talon?".

Zane was literally the human form of a fucking quiz, I was surrised he hadn't asked Talon what he had for dinner on the 16th of July 2012 yet.

"I wanna be a paediatrician", he announced and I raised my eyebrows, "it's a long road to get there, but I wanna do it".

"What's a paediatrician?", Caleb whispered across the table and Xander rolled his eyes.

"Stupid-ass", he muttered.

"It's a doctor for kids basically", Talon addressed Caleb and he nodded in understanding, "and don't act like you didn't ask me what it meant the first time I told you".

Scott choked on his cake and Caleb snorted, waving his fork in Xander's face to try and rile him up. To my surprise, Xander just chuckled and shook his head - the Talon effect.