Sway

Mara walked the streets of New Orleans as she had repeatedly in an endless cycle for the last 2 weeks in search of her wings.

She took a step inside Rousseau's and made her way over to the bar, Camille walking over to her.

"Let me guess bourbon." Camille stated.

"That is what I intended to order when I came here, so yes please." Mara said confirming Camille's suspicions.

Camille quickly poured Mara a glass which she swiftly drank and asked for another shortly after.

"How much are you gonna drink in one morning?" Camille said sliding her the glass.

"I do not know the exact amount of alcohol I will consume before it is considered evening Camille." Mara replied swallowing the alcohol.

"Well I'm cutting you off before you get to 5 glasses." Camille said, pointing a finger at Mara who just looked down into the glass.

"I do not wish to drink anymore." Mara said, sending someone was coming towards the two of them.

Standing up from her seat she turned to leave but met the eyes of a man with brown curls who wore a standard outfit.

"Sorry about that love." The man spoke in a British accent and Mara quickly walked past him right after he'd finished his sentence.

Klaus turned to see the woman once more but she was already gone without a trace.

Something about her seemed off.

————————————————————————

Given the route of warehouses she had been attacking, Elijah went to the one he believed she would ransack next in hopes of striking a bargain with her.

So there he stood inside of the warehouse, trying not to draw any attention to himself among the workers.

He waited for a considerable amount of time before hearing footsteps and looking to his right he saw the faint shadow of a woman.

Elijah walked out from the crowd of workers who went on with their night, attempting to do so inconspicuously.

He saw the shadow take a step back into the darkness and he sped over to them using his vamp speed.

The woman wasn't there, there was no one there.

Elijah listened for something, anything, but there was nothing.

Just then he could swear he felt eyes burning into the back of his skull from behind, he quickly cocked his head to see behind him but once again there was no one there.

How is she just disappearing.

————————————————————————

I stare at the man in the tux from the shadows as he looked around frantically.

If my ransacking of these warehouses had started to form a recognizable pattern, then I need to make sure that it stops.

With that I vanished, but not before knocking out all of the workers and erasing their memories.

————————————————————————

"Niklaus!" Elijahs voice rang through the walls of their home.

"What is it?" Klaus asked as Elijah walked into his room to find him painting.

"I saw her, she was at a warehouse, but she vanished into thin air again." Elijah said to which Klaus immediately halted the languid strokes of his brush across the ivory canvas.

"According to Marcel this woman is causing his little witch Davina a lot of witchy voodoo dreams." Klaus started. "I believe I may have met her at Rousseau's today." He finished.

"You mean to tell me that you did nothing to apprehend her?" Elijah asked angrily.

"At the time there really was no evidence I mean all she did was walk past me." Klaus said with a hint of annoyance in his tone that continued to build with every word that lead to the conclusion of his sentence.

"What's important now is that we have seen her in person, the next time either of us see her, promise me brother that you will capture her by any means necessary." Elijah said raising his right hand to point his index finger at Klaus.

"I give you my word, dear brother." Klaus said, a serious tone in his voice and determination written across his features.

————————————————————————

Mara sat in her living room trying to get comfortable in her chair, but she couldn't get the man in the tux out of her mind.

Elijah.

She couldn't figure out what he wanted with her, and whether he was just another vampire thug, or if he was a more sophisticated personnel.