Sins

Mara stood in front of the mirror looking up at herself through her hair that was dangling in front of her eyes.

'This lead should be more promising than the others, the individual who gave me the information is known for their accuracy in gathering information.'

She grabbed a black leather jacket that was quite big on her off the coat rack and headed out the door with a slam behind her.

————————————————————————

"Marcel", a vampire said walking towards him down the hall. "Yesterday a few of our guys went missing, daywalkers, they were sent to find Mara and didn't come back. Then today when we went to check it out their bodies were all on the floor just completely unconscious, except for one. He wasn't there with the bodies, if Mara had him then he might still be alive." The vampire said to Marcel as he set down his glass and put a hand over his face sliding it down stopping at his chin.

"Get everyone on this, find that vampire!" Marcel said pointing a finger at the man.

"I will." The man said before turning and walking away.

Klaus walked past the vampire as he was walking away turning to see a distressed Marcel who banged his fist on the table.

"It's her again, isn't it?" Klaus said, already knowing the answer.

"Damn right it is, she took out day walkers in broad daylight, and one of them is missing, he might still be alive but if she kept him alive I'm guessing it's to get to me." Marcel explained to Klaus who furrowed his brows together.

"Can't your little witch handle her." Klaus asked.

"No she can't, look Davina can sense her somewhat, or at least she knows she's here, but when she tries to find her there's nothing." Marcel said.

"Well that is troubling." Klaus said with a small smile.

"I know you think she's just another witch, but she's something I've never even seen before, literally!" Marcel said frustratedly.

"I promise you, I take this into the utmost consideration." Klaus said pointing his index finger at Marcel.

"Yeah well I've got all my guys on this so sooner or later I'll have something." Marcel said with a sigh.

"I do hope so, this woman does seem to be causing quite a bit of commotion in the quarter." Klaus said.

"I do to, she's been here for quite a good amount of time and I haven't even met her. Not that I would know." Marcel said.

"Well hopefully one of us crosses paths with her soon, or we'll have bloody Armageddon breaking out." Klaus said with a smile.

Marcel chuckled at this and turned before raising his glass of whiskey to his lips and taking a sip.

————————————————————————

The music played loudly through the speakers of the night club, flooding the woman's mind with overlapping chatter and thoughts.

*song is California Love*

Looking around she saw the man she was looking for, heading over to the bar he was at the other side of subtly.

"Rough night, miss?" The man asked.

"No, I have found this evening to be quite pleasant so far, I'm anticipating that you won't ruin that." Mara said looking over at him, studying his side profile, looking the man up and down.