Retribution

The silence surrounding the cold desolate room provided a sense of comfort for Mara, as all she'd known in the time she'd walked this earth as a supernatural was exactly that.

Darkness, and silence.

It wasn't that she felt weak, she was one of the 7 strongest beings in the world. However, what she did feel was unsure, a feeling that she'd never once experienced even in all her years.

On one hand, she knew that the originals were a threat to her being able to get her wings. Though on the other she was also aware that despite what he was, Elijah didn't deserve to die, and that she had no right to act as if she had a moral high ground now.

It was unnerving to know that for once she didn't have control of how she felt, she never felt physical pain because no one could touch her. So she could only feel emotions, but she was always in control of those, so it made no sense that she couldn't even define what she was feeling in this current moment.

Depression? Rage? Love?

She wouldn't know, for she had never really stopped to identify how she felt as life had no meaning anymore.

After all this time she didn't care for living but she also didn't desire to die. Maybe it was because she didn't know what would be waiting for her if she were to ever cross the threshold between the living and the dead, or if she would even go anywhere.

Quickly getting up and leaving to do what she'd decided upon.

To save Elijah

A/n: omg y'all I am so sorry that the chapter is literally so short but I have not had this app for so long bc of something that happened with my phone and omg I'm just- 🤯