4

After his visit to the nurse's office Gon returned to class. By the  time he arrived the last group was finishing up the training exercise.  The rest of the school day slipped by without anything notable  happening. Gon sat through english, math, history, and overheated  halfway through a lecture about algebra. It was nearing the end of the  school day and he sat in his chair, torso pressed against the desk as he  leaned forward, staring hard at the board. Although nothing that was  written there made any sense to him, he refused to give up trying to  understand.

When the final bell rang all the students got up to leave. Gon  delayed at his desk, gathering his textbooks and loose leaf notes. His  body moved a bit sluggishly and his head steamed from the overload of  foreign lessons. His gaze lingered on a blue book in his hand that was  labeled with the same strange characters as everything else he'd tried  to read so far, and felt a hint of despair in the pit of his chest.

There was no way he'd be able to adjust to this new way of life  easily... not without help. Gon shook his head to clear his thoughts and  packed up the rest of his things, getting ready to leave the room.  Before he could move away from his desk he sensed a presence approaching  him from behind and turned to see who it was. The green haired teen  from the training exercise stood behind him with an anxious expression,  jolting when he realized he had the boy's attention on him.

"Ah- hey Gon..." Izuku started, eyes darting around without making any direct contact.

"Hey Izuku! Good work earlier, you're pretty strong." Gon said.

"That's what I wanted to say." Izuku replied, chuckling awkwardly. "I wasn't expecting your quirk to be so similar to mine."

"Oh, about that, turns out I don't have one." He stated simply.

"I- what?"

"A quirk. Mrs. Recovery Girl said that apparently something's wrong with my foot so I don't have one."

Izuku gaped at him, not really comprehending what he just heard. No  quirk? But that didn't make sense considering he witnessed the boy's  incredible strength first hand during their training. There was also no  way that strength like that could be anything a normal person was  capable of.

"You're saying your... quirkless?" Izuku tried. He still doubted what the boy said and wanted to confirm.

"Mr. Aizawa said that earlier too. If that's what it means to have no  quirk then yeah, I guess so." Gon replied, shrugging his shoulders  nonchalantly.

"Then how did you-"

"HAH!?"

Izuku was instantly cut off by a loud voice. The two green haired  boys turned to look at the angry blonde stomping his way over to them. A  cold sweat broke out on the teen's forehead while the shorter boy  merely looked confused.

"The fuck did you just say half pint?!" Bakugo growled, invading the boy's personal space.

Izuku put his hands up and attempted to get between the two of them, only receiving a death glare in return.

"Kacchan don't-"

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU DAMN DEKU, I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU!" He roared.  Small crackles popped from his hands like stray flares from a sparkler.  Gon's gaze shifted from the green haired teen, to the angry blonde, down  to his crackling hands, then back up again. He didn't quite understand  what was going on, but he could tell it wasn't very good.

Although the atmosphere was dripping with toxic tension, the boy  could tell that Bakugo wasn't a threat. He carried himself with an aura  of faint hostility, but in actuality, at least to Gon, he was no more  harmful than a mosquito. As he didn't feel threatened by the teen's  attitude he chose to watch the scene unfold in front of him,  uncomfortable with getting caught up in the crossfire.