14

"Hnnnng... I don't get it!" Gon whined loudly. Immediately after the  words left him, an object came crashing down on his head with a lot of  force.

"Ow! That hurt!" He complained, rubbing the spot where he got hit,  feeling a bruised lump begin to form. Bakugou sat across from him with a  rolled up packet of paper in his hand, eyes angry and veins protruding  from his forehead.

"It's supposed to hurt dumbass! No complaining!" He roared, pointing  the roll of paper at the boy and jabbing it in his direction a few times  as he spoke. "It's your fault for being so fucking stupid!"

"Yeah I'm dumb but at least I'm trying!" Gon shouted back.

"Clearly you're not trying hard enough!"

They both had ended up leaning over the small table placed on the  floor and on the verge of colliding foreheads in anger. They glared at  each other for a solid second before Gon gave in, deflating and laying  his head against the textbook in front of him. Bakugou also sat back and  crossed his arms, watching the boy with the his brows knitted together  in irritation.

With a sigh he prepared to speak up again, only to be startled when  the boy's head suddenly shot up. He lifted both hands to his face and  slapped himself hard enough to leave behind burning red marks. The teen  wasn't prepared for the instantaneous action and could only stare  dumbfounded for a moment.

"Right. It's hard, but I just have try even harder." Gon said, his  eyes a glowing pool of amber. For someone who struggled terribly with  anything that required thinking, he was very persistent, Bakugou would  give him that. Not out loud, of course.

"I'll explain this one more time, brat. I told you if you can't keep up then-"

"I'll keep up! I can do it!"

"Don't interrupt me idiot!"

It went on like that for another hour. Gon tried his best to  understand what Bakugou was trying to teach him, while occasionally  erupting into bouts of bickering. Time had slipped by quickly and the  boy found it was about time for him to head back to his own dorm room.

The blonde listed the things he expected the boy to review and  remember by the time they had their next tutoring session. Gon listened  intently and scribbled things down as he talked. As he moved to adjust  his position, his hand knocked over some papers that contained his messy  scrawl and brightly colored sticky notes.

Bakugou yelled at him as the papers scattered over the floor. The  victim of his frustrated shouting quickly reached over to clean up the  mess but his hand missed where it meant to go and sent him face forward  into the floor, along with two textbooks.

"Hey watch it freak! You're making a fucking mess!" Bakugou half raged and half made fun of the boy's embarrassing tumble.

Although he didn't offer any help, he slightly leaned over to pick up  a paper. Gon made a face of distress at the teen's aggressive comments  and attempted to push himself off the floor, groaning about how it was  accident and that he didn't mean to knock everything over. As they were  caught up in cleaning up the boy's mess while one loudly accused and the  other apologized, the doorknob clicked. The door to the room opened  without warning and pulled both of the boy's attention away from the  mess.

"Hey Bakugou I- oh..." In the doorway stood a surprised Kirishima.  The scene of Bakugou and Gon, as well as a pile of books and study notes  strewn about the place, was the last thing he thought he'd see walking  into the room.

"Am I... interrupting something?" He asked, still somewhat  dumbfounded. The tense atmosphere between the two were something all of  1A was aware of. Everyone was confident that they didn't get along, so  catching the two of them together was in of itself a rare and bizarre  sight.