15

It'd been almost a week  since Gon had taken and passed the Provisional License Exam. The evening  after he and Bakugo's impromptu race though the mountain, the blonde  had gotten into a fight with Izuku that put them both on house arrest  for four days. Although, Gon didn't understand why a small fight between  friends, or classmates, was worthy of such a punishment. Then again, he  was used to the excitement sparring brought him and it was normally the  way he and Killua would play around before. In the end, Gon didn't  argue as Aizawa explained how it broke school rules (and didn't count as  something 'fun' like it did in his original world).

During that time he focused hard on keeping up in class, which proved  to be a lot easier with Bakugo's after school studying sessions. He had  more free time than expected due to being under house arrest. Although,  this wasn't brought up between the two as it still proved to be sore  topic for the blonde and despite Gon being a little dense or slow at  times, he was pretty good when it came to reading the mood of his  friends. Tutoring the boy turned out to be a bit of a helpful  distraction for Bakugo as well, of course he'd never admit that out  loud.

Nearing the end of the week was Bakugo's last day on house arrest.  Gon made sure to send him off with a cheerful 'good luck' before heading  to class, which earned him an irate growl and a slipper being thrown at  his head. Deku, however, was able to return to class because apparently  he hadn't been the one to initiate the fight or throw the first punch.  His sentence was a day shorter thanks to him not being the instigator.

Unlike the usual class day where the students would have their basic  lessons and a brief training period, this particular day was a little  different. Once everyone had settled in to start class, Aizawa had three  third year students come in to talk about the work studies.

The classroom immediately erupted in quiet chatter and dramatic  whispers once the three walked in. This reminded Gon of the time they  ran into Shiketsu High. It was another group of people that the boy had  never heard about and seemed to have a big impact in the growing hero  society. Except he could sense a subtle strength from the group, so he  figured that the bustling energy they caused was warranted.

One by one the students introduced themselves, starting with the teen  closest to the door. He had dark hair and a gloomy expression. As Gon  observed him, he couldn't help but notice how the aura radiating from  his form gave off the impression of a small animal slowly getting backed  into a corner. It was a strange combination that felt like prey  cowering in the face of a predator but hiding a deep, crazed need to  survive that could be fatal if provoked. The boy was intrigued and  blinked at him as the dark haired teen began mumbling to himself.

The side of Amajiki's neck prickled as he felt a strange sensation  boring into his skin from somewhere off to his right. It was the  familiar feeling of someone staring at him, considering the entire class  was doing so as well, but this particular gaze had an intensity that  really separated itself from the other students. Despite the roaring  anxiety bubbling up from his stomach and into his throat, his eyes  flickered up to peek in that direction.

In that split second, dark eyes turned to pinpricks when they met a  blazing pool of honey brown. Behind the warmth of the eyes staring  straight back at him was an abyss, an endless darkness wrapped in  something that made violent waves of nausea roll around in the teen's  stomach. His entire body froze, unable to be torn away from the boy  looking back at him. Like a deer in the headlights. He didn't know what  it was, nor how to put the feeling into words, but a part of him could  feel the instinctual need to run away as fast as he possibly could.

Amajiki's body began to shake violently, throat constricting while  his mouth became dry. The eyes watching him blinked before the boy's  head tilted to the side, a puppy like expression on his face as if  innocently curious, perhaps even a little intrigued. The small action  jerked the teen out of the haze that had settled over his mind and he  instantly spun on his heel, pressing his forehead into the wall while a  quiet whine escaped him.