22

Things stayed fairly normal after Gon and Bakugou's sparring match.

Once Todoroki's curiosity about Gon's relationship to Midoriya was satisfied, he'd turned his subject of focus to fighting techniques. In between classes, Todoroki and Gon would find themselves making small talk and sharing training tips. Every now and again, the split haired teen would try to convince the boy to investigate his lineage, 'just to make sure.' His efforts were brushed off as gently as possible.

Midoriya, once he'd asked the boy most of his questions, acted as he usually did, if only just a little off put. When Gon had let slip his history of...unfortunate injuries, the conversation took a weird turn. Most of the answers the teen received were vague, and some avoided entirely, and each one made him more wary. By the time the two had finished talking, Midoriya couldn't tell if he was more amazed or confused than he was originally. But just like before they had their conversation, Gon continued to remain an enigma in his eyes.

As for Bakugou, the two continued their study sessions as per usual and interacted as they usually did. The blonde was a bit on edge at first, but the tension didn't last long. The first session they had, rather than studying, they spent a majority of the time discussing fighting techniques and analyzing the previous fight. Gon had pointed out areas he thought Bakugou could improve on, which was met with a fitful of fiery spitting rage. However, if the teen made some tweaks to his training plans, then that was his business.

A few days had passed since then.

The students that had been pulled aside- back when Gon began putting his plan into action- were participating in their work studies. However, after a while, an oddly strained atmosphere enveloped the teens involved, drawing the worried attention of their classmates. At some point they weren't allowed to reveal what they were doing during work studies aside from what was revealed by teachers or the videos posted online.

It was during the peak of this phenomenon, that something changed. The work study students, along with a few staff members including Aizawa, had been summoned to a meeting. It would take place during a school day, which dismissed them all from classes. Anyone who wasn't in the know of the meetings purpose, wasn't allowed to know.

That obviously included Gon. Not that he cared so much about it as much as he once did.

Those who were attending the meeting didn't have to leave until the last two classes of the day. Yet hearing that he would have a few extra hours to operate during the day, Gon decided to risk another daytime outing. Both classes he knew Aizawa would be absent for, he skipped. He'd given Bakugou a quick 'if anyone asks, I felt sick' excuse and then he was off.

Most of the information Gon had managed to collect so far, hinted to the catalyst being something from his world. Even though that's what looked to be the heart of the problem, he still went out to see if there was anything he could do from this side. If there was a chance that something here could help him get back, then Gon would look for it until he had no other options left.

The route down the mountain and into the city had become nearly second nature to him by now. It was a quick and easy trip, the sun perched high enough above the horizon to promise him a few hours to work freely. 

It was when the boy stepped off the train that his outing became... different than he expected.

Upon arriving and walking around a little, he noticed it. It wasn't too sudden, yet not gradual either. Like someone had caught sight of him for a moment and then proceeded to follow him from then on.

There was a soft prickle at the back of his neck that stayed there for a while. He recognized the sensation instantly, it was hard not to with how intense the accompanying intent was. Whoever had been tailing him didn't want a simple friendly chat.