8

"Hm? Wait, hold on a  second..." Sitting a few seats away from Aizawa, Joke peered down at the  students below. The room had just unfolded to reveal the cluster of  teenagers buzzing anxiously. She allowed herself a quick scan of the 1-A  students and caught sight of something she hadn't noticed before. Among  the UA class was a shorter boy with spiked, forest green hair "Eraser,  is that kid one of yours?"

Unperturbed, his eyes trailed after the direction the woman pointed  in. He settled into his seat a bit more when his eyes lighted upon the  young boy standing next to Izuku. It was difficult to discern from such a  far distance, but he'd been babysitting the boy long enough to be able  to almost feel the pure energy radiating off him from the stands.

Gon was somewhat of a trump card in this exam, and knowing this,  Aizawa fought a bit to keep a grin from climbing onto his face. He  seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

"New kid." He replied, keeping a steady gaze on the group of students  who were now starting to break away into smaller groups. "A little  problematic."

"A new kid? This late in the year?" Joke was baffled. "How did he manage that?"

Aizawa adopted a vague look of thoughtfulness. "His circumstances are... special." He offered without any more clarification.

"They must be. And he must be something special himself if you've got  that look in your eye." She commented, a grin creeping onto her face.  He spared a brief glance at her, only to look back at the arena.

"Just watch."

                                                                                                                                 ----

The small group stood together, cornered against the advancing  students. Each one did their best to deflect the balls being launched at  them like projectile missiles while attempting to come up with a  strategy on the fly. It was a one sided war.

Gon had nimbly dodged every attack thrown at him without once  activating his power. It took a little while to charge up and he was too  exposed and overwhelmed to do anything immediately. Although, as he  slipped gracefully out of the way of each object aimed for the targets  plastered to his left shoulder, stomach, and back, he observed something  interesting.

For skilled teenagers with superhuman abilities not unlike the ones  where he came from, they were very slow. Slower than the people he was  used to facing up against, at least. With each minuscule step sideways  as the projectiles slipped past his face, leaving a faint breeze  brushing against his skin, the easier it was for him to locate the  source of the throw.

He wondered for a moment if he should focus on assisting his  classmates or just try to capture his targets quickly and get it over  with.

Students shouted around him, calling out their ultimate moves and  fending off a stream of never ending attacks. Blood rushed in his ears  and danced with the voices to the beat of his heart as he continued to  do nothing more than dodge.

He could try to do both.

He was a hunter, and hunting is what he did best. So in that moment  he decided to pick a target and get them out while sticking close to his  small group. When that one was taken down then he would find someone  else close by and do the same thing. In this way he'd pass and help out  his classmates at the same time.

Deeming that to be a good plan and feeling rather proud of himself, a  flicker of light ignited within his amber eyes as he continued to avoid  getting hit, noting how the speed was slow enough to where he wouldn't  need to activate Zetsu. His gaze analyzed the field in front of him. In  an instant they locked onto a random student positioned somewhere in the  back of the opposing party.