24

Gon's eyes widened, his breath catching as he took in the sight in front of him. Familiar, electric blue and a shock of silver. A beaming grin stretched across his face, so wide it hurt, and without a second thought he flung himself forward.

"Killua!"

A pair of arms wrapped around him as he caught his friend in a hug. Warmth bloomed in his chest, filling up the empty pit he'd been working hard to ignore. They hadn't spoken since they'd parted ways at the World Tree, and Gon would be lying if he'd said he hadn't missed him.

"What are you doing here? Ah! You didn't get stuck here too, did you?" Gon rambled, separating himself from the hug. They each kept a hand on the others forearm like one would disappear if they let go.

The warm atmosphere was quickly spoiled when Killua brought a heavy fist down on the boy's head with a resounding whack. Gon's head followed the momentum of the hit and he reached up to rub the newly sore spot.

"Owww! What was that for?!" the boy whined, throwing a look crossed between a pout and a glare at his friend. It was met with a face of pure fury that did well to mask the concern just barely touching the surface.

"For disappearing without a trace to another dimension! You idiot!" Killua growled out, fist still raised and shaking, ready to land another hit on the spiky haired boy. "Do you have any idea how worried we were?!"

"Eheheh... but, how did you know I was here in the first place?"

Killua let out a sigh, his eyes searching the expression of the boy across him for a moment, determining something, before lightly shaking his head. He shouldn't have expected anything else from his best friend.

"Alluka and I thought we'd pay you a visit. The next thing we know, Aunt Mito is telling us that you've vanished into thin air and no one's seen you since."

"Really? Wait, then how did you get here? I don't even know how I got here!" Gon pressed, scratching his chin in thought. It looked like his previous theory was proving to be true.

"You- of course you wouldn't know..." Killua exhaled deeply, sounding fairly exhausted. He unfurled his fist to rub at the bridge of his nose. Gon's head tilted to the side in confusion as he awaited his friend's explanation. They still kept one hand holding onto the other.

"It was technically an accident. Apparently one of the fisherman that stopped by the island was new to the use of nen. Their ability had something to do with teleportation or spacial displacement- that part wasn't too clear."

"Whoa, no kidding?!"

"Yeah, and according to them, when they were using fish to test it out, you showed up. They didn't know exactly what happened either, thinking maybe you bumped into them or vice versa, but they used their ability on you instead. Then you just blipped out of existence in front of their eyes."

"We found out when we went to look for you at the port and overheard them asking around about you. It took some time, but we eventually managed to figure out the basics as to how they brought you here. And more importantly, how to bring you back. It was a bit risky, but I came here to find you and take you back. Hopefully they'll be able to make it work this time instead of accidentally sending us somewhere else entirely."

For a moment Gon could only stare wide eyed at the white haired boy. It was still taking time to register the presence of his best friend suddenly in front of him after being apart for so long. In a way, it felt like taking a sip of water and realizing you were thirsty. He'd missed Killua

"That's crazy! I couldn't remember anything about how I got here, but I guess that kinda matches up," Gon mused, ignoring the warmth seeping in between his ribs and filling up his entire chest cavity. Although the effort did nothing to quell the soft smile pulling at his lips.