𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃𝐒

𝘠𝘖𝘜'𝘝𝘌 𝘈𝘓𝘞𝘈𝘠𝘚 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌𝘋 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘚𝘛𝘙𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌 𝘉𝘐𝘙𝘋𝘚
𝘕𝘖𝘞 𝘐 𝘞𝘈𝘕𝘛 𝘛𝘖 𝘍𝘓𝘠 𝘐𝘕𝘛𝘖 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙 𝘞𝘖𝘙𝘓𝘋
𝘐 𝘞𝘈𝘕𝘛 𝘛𝘖 𝘉𝘌 𝘏𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘋.

- 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃𝐒, 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃𝐘

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

"It's because of Sam and Emily," Seth says as we walk along the beach. He's given me a hoodie to wear because of the wind, as well as his body heat from where his arm is over my shoulders. Our sides are completely touching, from shoulder to hip. He's like a heater. It's amazing.

    "Why?"

    "Sam and Leah were dating right before Sam started turning. He went all nuts for a while, disappeared and everything. We were all really worried. And when he came back, he was still being weird. And then Emily came to visit. She's our cousin. Sam saw her and...boom, I guess. Imprinted on her right then and there. And there wasn't really a good explanation for Leah, who had to watch the guy she really loved fall for our cousin right in front of her eyes. Kinda sucks. She's basically been inconsolable since then. Really bitchy, all moody and never any fun to be around. The engagement made it worse."

"Oh, God. That's terrible."

"Yeah. There's always a downside to the whole imprinting thing. Not to mention the guilt from Sam and Emily both. Plus, the pack can all hear each other's thoughts when we're in wolf form. Sam's the leader. Imagine always having to hear your exes' thoughts and following his orders because you literally have to."

    "That must be torture for Leah. No wonder she seems so on edge."

    "Yeah, it sucks. But it also means we have to hear her thoughts all the time, which isn't exactly the most fun when she's in one of her moods."

    "You can't exactly blame her, though," I say. "Imagine I just up and left for no reason, and then you always had to see me with someone else and hear my thoughts and do what I say. That would suck ass, wouldn't it?"

"Yes, but it's not like she even tries to be happy for them or positive anymore."

    "It would be kinda hard."

    "I guess. I dunno, I'm really only looking at it the way I am because it's annoying being in her head all the time."

    "I bet. I can't even imagine that. And all teenage boys?"

    "Basically. It's weird, I'll say that. But it's kinda nice sometimes. Easier to communicate and tell people to shut up."

    I laugh and lean more into him. "That sounds like fun. And you all seem so close. Like brothers - and sisters, with Leah."

    "We really are. And now you get to be a part of that, because all the others are ever gonna hear about from my thoughts will be you."

    "Lucky them."

    He squeezes my shoulder. "That was very sarcastic, but I think they are lucky."

    "You sort of have to, Seth."

    "I mean, yes, but not really."

"You're so confusing sometimes."

    "That's bold coming from the girl who likes to make fun of everyone in the world as a joke."

    "Hey!"

    He chuckles and stops us walking. "Now I'm the one kidding. See? I'm picking up on it now. Gonna be Willow two-point-oh in no time."