𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄

𝘐𝘍 𝘐 𝘏𝘈𝘋 𝘖𝘕𝘓𝘠 𝘍𝘌𝘓𝘛 𝘏𝘖𝘞 𝘐𝘛 𝘍𝘌𝘌𝘓𝘚 𝘛𝘖 𝘉𝘌 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙𝘚
𝘞𝘌𝘓𝘓, 𝘐 𝘞𝘖𝘜𝘓𝘋 𝘏𝘈𝘝𝘌 𝘒𝘕𝘖𝘞𝘕 𝘞𝘏𝘈𝘛
𝘐'𝘝𝘌 𝘉𝘌𝘌𝘕 𝘓𝘐𝘝𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘍𝘖𝘙 𝘈𝘓𝘓 𝘈𝘓𝘖𝘕𝘎.

- 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Emily leaves us after a little while longer. We make fun of Seth and Sam's misunderstanding of the word 'clean', then make space for the former's clothes, and then she lets us be alone again. This makes Seth very happy, as he starts kissing me almost immediately. I think his new favourite thing is telling me that he loves me, because he also does that repeatedly. Not that that's a bad thing. In fact, it's a really great thing. I went so long without anyone saying it that Seth saying it feels even more right.

We find out later that Jacob's run away. No one says why until all the boys go out again, when Emily shows me a wedding invite from the Cullens. Bella and Edward are getting married in a few weeks. Of course that's what would send Jacob into an episode. And now he's gone, with no word on when he'll be back or even where he's going.

"You should go to the wedding. The Clearwaters were invited anyway, and since you and Seth are practically attached at the hip, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you being there. I highly doubt Leah's going - you'll just be taking her place," Emily says as we wash dishes. I wince at her use of that phrase, which she catches. "Her ticketed place, of course. I'm sure she won't mind. I could ask her, if you want."

"It's okay. I'll ask her when she and the boys get back."

"Look, I know Leah can be a little hard to get along with sometimes, but she's not someone to be scared of."

I start a little and turn so I'm facing her. "I'm not scared of Leah!"

"I wouldn't blame you if you were. She's a little intimidating. And really cold a lot of the time."

"Still, she's never been mean to me before. I like Leah, standoffish or not."

Emily smiles. "I'm glad you like her, because you're stuck with her for the rest of your life."

"You'd think she was the one who imprinted on me, the way you're talking."

"Well, it was her brother, so family..."

"You're also their family, Em."

"Fair. More distant, though."

I grin, "You're going to be my cousin-in-law someday!"

"Is that even a proper title?"

"Who cares?"

She chuckles and puts the dishes she's washed and dried away. "Fine, but if Leah does end up scaring the pants off of you sometime before you can ask her for her invite, let me or Seth know and one of us can ask her."

"Will do. Thank you."

"Anytime," she smiles at me and throws her towel over her shoulder. "Looks like we're done - and just in time."

I turn to look out the open window, only to be greeted with the sight of a bunch of shirtless and sweaty guys, plus Leah, who's mostly fresh. They're all messing with each other, except for Seth, Leah and Sam. They're all hanging back behind the others and seemingly having a serious conversation. It's a little worrying, I'm not going to lie, but I'm assured in the fact that Seth will tell me about it once we're alone.