𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓

𝘐 𝘗𝘜𝘛 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘙𝘌𝘊𝘖𝘙𝘋 𝘖𝘕
𝘞𝘈𝘐𝘛 𝘛𝘐𝘓𝘓 𝘐 𝘏𝘌𝘈𝘙 𝘖𝘜𝘙 𝘚𝘖𝘕𝘎
𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘙𝘠 𝘕𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛 𝘐'𝘔 𝘋𝘈𝘕𝘊𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘞𝘐𝘛𝘏 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙 𝘎𝘏𝘖𝘚𝘛.

- 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓, 𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐍

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

I'm eating dinner with Emily when she sighs and drops her face into her hands. I look up suddenly, surprised at how unhappy she seems. Nothing all that unusual had been happening lately around the reservation. Work seemed like it was going fine, her and Sam were still happy, and no one was dead or dying as far as I knew. Her sigh is a little scary if I'm being honest.

    "Something wrong?" I ask around a forkful of food. She looks up at me and gives me a sad little smile.

    "Seth can't come here at night, Willow."

    My heart plummets all the way to my feet. I can feel all the warmth and color leave my face as my head spins and my throat burns. How did she know? Why wouldn't she just kick him out when he was here? How long has she known he'd been coming?

    "Sam and I heard him leave this morning. He's breaking Jake and Sam's rules by being here to be with you. You need to strongly encourage him to stop coming to see you at night, Willow. It's not safe or fair to anyone else."

    I can't even speak. There's nothing I can really say - I can't just apologize, because then I'll be admitting to sneaking him in. But I can't lie either, since Sam's superhuman hearing isn't lying to him. I'm stuck like a deer in headlights, and it doesn't help that Sam walks in just as I open my mouth to speak.

    "You told her?" he asks without looking my way. As much as it feels like a blow, I'm still thankful for it. I don't know if I can handle his gaze when I'm already frozen.

    "She knows."

"Willow, come with me."

    Despite not being in the pack, there's a tone in his voice that encourages me not to disobey him. I stand quickly and follow him out the back door and into the grassy field behind their house. "Am I getting murdered or something now?"

He snorts and shakes his head, still without turning to face me. "Just follow me. You're small enough to fit."

    "Where? The trunk of your car?"

He snorts again and starts to jog. If he had said that we would be running, maybe I would've put on better shoes. Instead I slid on the first sandals I could find. Not to mention my pyjamas that were sure to be ruined by brambles by the forest he was running into. I loved these pants, but I guess it's time to say goodbye.

    My heart races a little the further we go into the forest. It might be from running, it might be from the mild asthma I only get when I exercise, or it might be from the fact that Sam is leading me deep into the forest where no one would hear me scream. Except maybe Seth, but I'm not sure how the imprint-being-in-danger thing works.

    "This is the Cullen border," Sam says when he finally stops. I'm panting like a maniac behind him, but he doesn't comment on it. "This is the border that Seth crosses every night to come see you. This is the border you'll be at tonight to tell him that I will not allow him to visit anymore."

    "Out here? In the middle of the night? By myself? I don't even remember how we got here!" I'm speaking frantically, like my voice had been trapped in me and was now bubbling over like boiled water.