𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

𝘠𝘖𝘜'𝘓𝘓 𝘉𝘌 𝘈𝘓𝘙𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛
𝘕𝘖 𝘖𝘕𝘌 𝘊𝘈𝘕 𝘏𝘜𝘙𝘛 𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘕𝘖𝘞
𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘌 𝘔𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘓𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛
𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘐'𝘓𝘓 𝘉𝘌 𝘚𝘈𝘍𝘌 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘚𝘖𝘜𝘕𝘋.

- 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃, 𝐓𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐅𝐓 𝐅𝐓. 𝐉𝐎𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐒, 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐔𝐋 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

"Why are you here?" I whisper as I turn my face up to look at him. He kisses my forehead fervently as I laugh. "Seth, it's not safe! The rest of the pack are here!"

"Because we've been doing two-man shifts at the Cullen's place anyway so the other can get sleep, and Jake and Leah are tired of hearing how bad I miss you," he whispers back, his hands rubbing circles over my sleep shirt. "Because I'm complaining about it. A lot."

    "I miss you too."

    He sighs and closes his eyes, resting his lips to my hairline. "This is ridiculous. I wish you were a wolf. Then you could stay with me all the time."

"I'm happy being a human. You're...wolfy enough for the both of us."

    "Did you just make up a word?"

    "I'm running on a quarter of my normal brain capacity because I'm so excited that you're here. Leave me alone."

    He chuckles and kisses me again. "Fine, but only because you asked so nicely."

    I smile despite my fake annoyance and sigh into him. "I almost forgot how warm you are. I think I've been cold this entire week."

    "I've just been depressed. Like, I'm already sleeping in the woods every night, in wolf form, and now I have to give up seeing my girlfriend? It's so dumb."

    "How's Bella doing?"

    I can feel him wince above my head. I lean back so I can see his face. "She's...very pregnant. It's a little scary. She also looks super sick, and the baby keeps breaking her bones. I think it cracked a rib recently. Dr. Cullen says it's stealing all of the nutrients she needs to stay alive faster than she can metabolize them."

"So not good?"

    "Very not good. Edward doesn't look much better, if you can believe it. Always emo and stony, big bags under his eyes. None of them have fed since a little while before they got back from the honeymoon. I can't imagine staying in a house with a human without feeding for weeks is easy on just about any of them except for Dr. Cullen and Edward."

    "That sounds terrible. Do you think she's gonna live? If she gives birth to the baby?"

    He sighs and winces again. "I want to have hope that she will, but there's a really small chance that the baby won't kill her before. They think it's the vampire part of it that's sucking all of her nutrients up. If she survives long enough to give birth to it, it could still kill her on the way out."

    "Is there really nothing they can do to help her?"

    "Nothing they haven't already tried, Will. They're thinking they're gonna try and turn her at the last minute, but as Edward reminds everyone every two minutes, there's only so much that vampire venom can overcome. Turning her if she's as close to death as they expect her to be would be really risky."

    I frown as I take in how worried Seth is for her. He really loves the Cullens and Bella, and it's hard to see him so upset over the prospect of her death. "Is there anything anyone can do before the baby is born? Can't they turn her before?"