four | subject 1031

𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 | 𝚜𝚞𝚋𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝟷𝟶𝟹𝟷

𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 | 𝚜𝚞𝚋𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝟷𝟶𝟹𝟷

For the next three days Archer hasn't given me a call. I don't mind. I locked myself in my investigation room to work through a list of suspects that Commander had given me based on the FBI's most wanted.

However, I don't think this list is going to do me any good. 

My gut is telling me the killer isn't on this list.  

Whoever killed my parents, the Hawthorne employees, and kidnapped the Hawthorne's—are criminal masterminds. These aren't low level criminals. These are sophisticated and planned out attacks on people of importance in government organizations.

Thankfully, Grayson isn't here. Grayson would be knocking on my door or beeping our synced watches to get my attention. He would be making sure that I was eating enough food and drinking enough water through the day. He would also be checking my bedroom to make sure I was sleeping.

The motion sensor on my front door started beeping. Celia was waving at me from the front door, knowing where the camera was. I buzzed her into the apartment, and she made her way to my bedroom.

I made sure to exit my investigation room before she came in, because the room is secret. The door is hidden behind the full-length mirror. The electronic keypad is hidden behind a picture frame on the wall in my room.

"So, how's it going with the mission?" She asked. However, her talking continued before I had a chance to answer. "I always miss you when you leave for missions, and I thought having it local would be cool. No! I haven't seen you for a month."

"Oops. I'm breaking rules left and right over here, so I've been a little busy," I said.

I got one of my sketchbooks and started drawing.

It's obvious that Celia isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so I couldn't do more investigating with her here. It's kind of pathetic that I've done three or four pencil portraits of Archer Hawthorne, but then again, I've been staring at his face for the past three months.

"Rules? No offense, but you beat criminals to a bloody pulp for information. I didn't think you had any rules to follow, because beating the shit out of people is typically frowned upon," Celia said.

"This is different. I was given one rule, and I broke it for the good of the mission," I explained.

"Then no harm, no foul!" Celia chirped. "So, how's that handsome supposed murderer?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes. People shouldn't be calling him a murderer. He's innocent.

"That's the rule I broke. I was instructed to stay away from him, but I developed a scenario where we actually met. And we did meet," I explained.

My watch let out it's fifth ding of the day. Archer had just finished at the police station. He was going to be heading home soon. He rarely takes any detours, except for when I bumped into him.

Not If I Save You FirstOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara