sixteen | birdwatcher

𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 | 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚍𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛

I've been told that Grayson and I could pass as twins. 

It used to bother Grayson. He thought that people were assuming that he was much younger than his real age. Being almost ten years apart from my older brother, it gave me a lot of confidence when I could pass for being an older girl. It made sneaking into bars and hotels a lot easier while on missions.

Mom and dad used to pose us as twins for training simulations. We needed to operate using the same brain, so that others would believe we shared a womb for nine months. Plus, we needed to pretend or at least train ourselves to have the twin telepathy phenomenon.

The two of us share the same soft black colored hair. Grayson's hair is naturally luscious, and it covers a majority of his forehead. My curly locks of hair are typically always straightened. We have the same piercing blue eyes, and we hide the shade of blue behind our eyeglasses. Grayson and I are obsessed with staring at computer screens.  We are forced to wear glasses to protect our eyes.

I hunched over Grayson's shoulder to see what he was looking at.

"Holy fucking shit!" I exclaimed.

"Nothing about this mission is normal," Grayson added.

Donovan Halstead.

He's been stalking the Hawthorne's. Blending into the crowd of people that enter the building on a daily basis. He's been surveilling the building for months.

The organization only learned about his escape a week ago. There's no way that this is possible. Whoever I'm staring at is an imposter.

Imposter? Who am I kidding? Not an imposter!

Donovan Halstead is back.

The same bastard that held a gun to his son's head. Donovan Halstead is the bastard that held me hostage for three days without any food or water. Both Little Dean and I almost died. 

"I need to go back over all the details," I said. Before I could move the cursor on the computer, another thought came to my mind. "I need to find Little Dean! I need to find Archer! Either one of them could be in danger!"

I started gathering all of my concealed weapons. I ran into my closet to prepare for a battle.

I threw on a pair of black leggings and attached my belt full of weapons around my waist. I had two guns holstered on either side of my hip. Two blades were attached to both of my calves, hidden inside my black boots. A large black and white bomber jacket on top of my tank top helped to conceal my belt.

Grayson was working on the computer when I came back out.

"We need a plan!" Grayson urged.

"Oh, I have a plan! I'm gonna find Donovan Halstead and knock his teeth in until he talks," I stated.