fifteen | sleepers don't sleep

𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 | 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙

Grayson left me a note on the living room coffee table with a small file.  

The note read: Going to bed. Here's everything on Emily.

I took the file to my room and started reading through everything.

I refused to go to sleep tonight without knowing everything about this girl. I don't care if I never sleep again. My job is to protect Archer. He deserves to be protected against the people that murdered his employees and abducted his parents.

Emily Briggs.

Emily fucking Briggs. 

Emily Briggs grew up in the District of Columbia in Washington DC. Her parents are both medical professionals with strong affiliations to the Doctors Without Borders organization. She moved to various countries as a child, only staying in DC and New York City for the longest time. Emily Briggs was homeschooled for most of her life, due to the traveling of her parents. She began working for the organization straight out of high school, and she never attended college. She's twenty-two years old. She hasn't been back to New York in over a year.

Reading about Emily made me trust her even less.

It also made me more angry.

I don't care if she's the greatest friend that anyone on God's good green earth could conjure up. Her appearance tonight seemed off putting. There is no way that I'll trust Emily to keep Archer safe.

Everyone that appears in his life is considered a suspect in my eyes.

Mr. and Mrs. Briggs attended multiple medical seminars hosted by Maya and William Hawthorne over the years. A workplace relationship between the two couples turned into a budding friendship. That friendship led to many work dinners, consultations on cases, and the growing friendship of their children, Archer Hawthorne and Emily Briggs.

Her name. Her life story. Any criminal activity she could've been a part of. Her fucking privacy has been slaughtered at the hands of Grayson Alderidge.

In my bedroom, I turned all the cameras on to watch Archer closely.

It's after two o'clock in the morning. Archer is comfortably sleeping in his bed. Emily is down the hall in a guest bedroom.

"Come on, you son of a bitch!" I slurred, feeling exhausted.

All cameras! I do mean all cameras are operational right now.

I've hacked into traffic cameras, security cameras, and even ring doorbell systems to try and figure out who could be stalking Archer.

An epiphany came to my mind while at his apartment tonight.