ten | new theory

𝚝𝚎𝚗 | 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚢

𝚝𝚎𝚗 | 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚢

My entire body was numb once I forced my eyes to open. No light was coming through Archer's windows because he had dark curtains instead of blinds.

I've been trained to take in my surroundings at all times. I looked around to see that I was nuzzled into Archer's shoulder. Our faces are only inches from one another. Holding my breath, I pulled my head away from his body. Fearing that if I breathe too hard, he'd wake up from his peaceful looking sleep.

Archer gave me as much room as possible when he got into bed last night. Right now, his arms were glued to his sides. I think he might've been afraid to come close or even touch me last night. When he saw my arms, the poor guy looked mortified for me. He probably thought I'd have PTSD if he wrapped his arms around me last night.

I roughly pushed Archer to wake him up. His eyes shot open, and he was up and ready to spring into action.

"Relax daredevil, there's no fire," I yawned.

"Sorry, what time is it?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Almost seven. I have to go home and get ready for class, but seriously thank you for everything you did for me last night," I said, rushing to find my stuff. I didn't want to turn on my watches or phone before being away from Archer's apartment.

"No worries. You can come to me for anything," he said. Archer got out of bed to wake himself up for the day. "Would you wanna hang out tonight after class?" He muttered.

"Sure. Call me when you're out of class," I said.

🂧

When I got back to my apartment, the first thing I did was check the garage. I exhaled a giant sigh of relief. My baby was parked in his usual spot. Grayson must've placed a tracking device on my motorcycle, or he hacked into the GPS to find my bike's current location near Penn station. Either way, my baby is back where he belongs.

I walked in to see a stressed-out Grayson, and a terrified Thea pacing across the living room floor.

"Seven!" Grayson shouted, engulfing me in a hug. "Thank God, you're okay!" He exclaimed, putting me down, and immediately scowling at me. "What the hell is wrong with you? You don't stay dark when I don't know if you're alive or dead!"

Thea came between the two of us and hugged me. She dragged me away from Grayson into the kitchen.

The menacing and oddly laughable stature of Grayson a.k.a Nine Alderidge held a gaze on me the entire time. He looked utterly pissed off about my decision to go dark.

It's honestly irritating. How dare he be pissed off at me, when I only did it to keep him and Thea safe! I risked the life of my subject by going to his apartment, all because I wanted to keep my brother and future sister-in-law safe.