010

After calling Scott about the incident at the school he told them to meet at Derek's old house

When they got there Isaac was lying on a table under a sheet and Scott had convinced Derek to help him with his tattoo.

"What's wrong with him?" Heather asked pointing to Isaac.

"He was attacked by an alpha from a rival pack. But he'll be okay. It's my problem" Derek said.

Not caring enough to get involved Heather stayed quiet as Derek inspected Scott's arm where the tattoo had been.

"It's two bands? What does it mean?" Derek asked.

"I don't know. It's just something I trace with my fingers" Scott said.

"Why is so important to you?" Derek asked.

"Do you know what the word tattoo means?" Scott asked.

"To mark something," Stiles said.

"Well, that's in Tahitian. In Samoan it means open wound. I knew I wanted to get a tattoo when I turned 18. I always wanted one. I just decided to get it now to make it kind of a reward" he said.

"For what?" Heather asked.

"For not calling or texting Allison all summer. Even when I really wanted to. Even when it was so hard not too sometimes. You know I was just trying to give her the space she wants. Four months later it still hurts. Still feels like an um..."

"Open wound" Stiles finished for him as Heather rolled her eyes not being able to fight the feeling that he was being extremely dramatic.

"Yeah," Scott mumbled.

"Pain's gonna be worse than anything you ever felt," Derek told him.

"Do it." Scott seemed to regret those words as Derek turned on the blowtorch.

"Oh wow. That's um... that's a lot for me so I'm gonna take as my que. I'll wait outside" Stiles said turning to leave.

"Nope. You need to help hold him down" Derek said. "Both of you."

Stiles and Heather made their way behind Scott and placed their hands on his shoulders. Heather knew she could hold Scott herself, but Derek loved making Stiles uncomfortable.

It took about 10 minutes of Scott screaming in pain as they pushed him down in his seat before he passed out from the pain.

Heather was surprised he lasted that long. Years ago when she got hers, she only lasted 5 minutes before she passed out.