A Kiss To Remember

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash's POV

"You're the kind of person I want to be!"

A knot welled in Ash's throat as his posture stiffened, Serena's words striking heartstrings that the Pallet Town native was only beginning to develop. Clemont smiled fondly at his younger sister as they tittered during the sweet farewell.

"Next time we meet, you're gonna like the kind of person I've grown into!" Serena said with a wink.

Surprise and confusion pervaded his heart as Ash began to speak. He wanted to say so much to the girl he had met once as a child before she would depart from his life yet again, but his tongue knew not how to convey his feelings. Instead, his mind resorted to its default response: "Awesome!"

With that, Serena stepped onto the escalator that descended towards the airport terminal, a million thoughts swarming her mind like a hive of Beedrill until she settled on one. This was her only chance to tell him how she felt, better yet, to show him.

"Hey Ash! There's just one more thing!" she called behind her.

Ash had edged forwards onto the silver platform, stopping right before the motorized steps and inadvertently positioning himself perfectly for Serena's next move.

Turning around as if she had waited for this moment her entire life, she quickly climbed the escalator, stopping only once she was face to face with the boy who had long captured her heart.

She leaned in slowly and to his surprise their lips met, a pleasant warmness coursing through the inside of their bodies. Ash felt his eyebrows rise in disbelief as his friends and Pokémon behind him displayed similar countenances. Before long, Serena was swept away by the gentle current of the revolving staircase, her face tinged with no doubt more than a hint of red. All she could utter was a heartfelt, "Thank you!" leaving a dumbfounded Ash staring into her unforgettable blue eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been nearly a year since then, and the two had parted ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my gosh, everyone look! It's starting!" exclaimed a waitress with lime twin-tailed hair that fell behind gray overalls.

A girl of similar age sporting a broad white hat above matching white attire, seated beside her azur-haired classmate, quickly shifted her attention from her meal to the television in time to see the Masterclass logo flashing past her eyes, accompanied by the voice of Monsieur Pierre: the official announcer of Pokémon Showcases.

"Finally! I thought those Pokémercials would never end," Lillie, the girl in white exclaimed. She clasped her hands together excitedly, "I can't wait to see the rest of the performances!"

"I hope the girl with the Swampert wins!" Lana, the girl with short blue hair in a sleeveless sailor uniform tucked into baggy pants, chimed in.

Mallow deftly weaved around flocks of people and jutting chairs, waiting tables while diverting her remaining attention to the television when a familiar boy with a Pikachu perched on his shoulder barged into the restaurant.

"Alola!" he exclaimed, waving his arm as his partner mirrored the gesture.

"Oh Ash, hi! The others are over there; go join them while I finish up here," Mallow suggested.