19 | Responsibility

...

"I swear I'm a nice girl, until you do something that pisses me off... then the bitch will come out to play."

...

Family is a simple concept for some, but for the DeLaCruz family it was the most complicated thing in the world

Family is a simple concept for some, but for the DeLaCruz family it was the most complicated thing in the world. Most people believe that family is merely who you share blood with, which can be true, though real family lies where loyalty and love is shown the most. And for the twins that was their friends -Sasha, Cameron and Sophia, along with Vince and Jane, the two adults being their parental figures. But Skyla would always be the most important amongst their chosen family, for all of them, she was the baby of the group, their little one, and so each of them would do anything for her.

One thing about the little family was that they didn't take to kindly when hearing that somebody was messing with Skyla, and that's what they heard today.

You could imagine the chaos that broke out amongst the five teenagers when they had picked Skyla up from pre-school only to find her in tears, hysterically explaining to her older siblings about her newest bully, which sent the friends into a rage, or well most of them into a rage, Sophia simply entered her mom mode and began to comfort the little girl and clean her up, with the help of Willow who was already planning on raising hell.

It wasn't until after they set Skyla up in her room for a nap with Tyler that the five stepped into the hall and began to discuss -mostly argue- on how to go about the situation. While the twins, Sasha and Cameron were ready to start a fight with the school in defense of Skyla, Sophia once again was left being the voice of reason, keeping a level head and a calm attitude as she tries to talk some sense into the four who were overreacting.

"I don't care how old he is, I'll drop kick that kids ass." Sasha threatens, arms crossed as she glares at Sophia who has blocked her path.

"No, you will not drop kick a little kid!" She argues, looking to the Paris girl in complete and utter disbelief. "How is that even an option for you? He's a kid!"

"Yeah," Willow starts as she moves next to Sasha, "but he's also just a little-"

"Don't even finish that sentence." Sophia warns, her jaw clenching as she begins to lose her patience. It was a wonder how she lasted this long with the four stubborn friends in front of her, you would think that after the five years she had spent with them that she would get fed up and leave. After all, they were a lot to handle and with her being the most responsible she often found herself having to carry a lot of weight on her shoulders. But no matter what, they were her family and she would take on whatever they threw her way, it was only fair since they did the same for her.

"I say we go after the teacher." Wes voices. "It's partially her fault, right? She's the one that is supposed to take care of the kids and make sure they're safe and create a safe space for them."