KISSES, ROSES AND BULLETS

Dimitri groaned loudly as he looked at his marketing manager who was presenting the monthly report while seducing him. A few months ago he could have smiled at her, listened and bend her over his desk as he had done often times but something had happened ever since he had an argument with his family. No women commanded his attention anymore. The only woman he found his mind gravitating towards was laying in a hospital and he hadn't gained the courage to visit her after the last visit four days ago.

His men kept updating him and sending him photos of her. She was yet to wake up and the family was worried that something was wrong but the doctors had assured them that everything was fine. He sighed for the umpteenth and looked up to see the departmental heads looking at him. He glared at them making them quickly turning their heads it was a miracle that they didn't suffer from whiplash.

He stood up, dismissed them and requested his assistant to schedule the meeting for another day. He walked to his window looking outside. Normally he would admire the skyline but this wasn't one of those days. He found himself bored and missing something.

He felt small hands around his waist. He knew who it was because he didn't need to turn.

" You look like a man who needs someone to take away all your troubles," he turned to look at Lucia who was massage his biceps and licking her lips seductively. He smiled politely at her but quickly took her hands in his and turned her down.

Lucia stood gwaking at him. She was surprised at his rejection.

" What the hell in the world is going on. You have never turned me down. You must be in a twist if you are turning me down now," Lucia complained walking towards him. He straddled him in an attempt to win him over.

She started humping him but Dimitri's mind and body for some reason didn't respond to her. After a while she stood up and sat on the long conference table smiling knowingly at him.

" Who is it? She asked.

" Huh, what do you mean? Who is what? He inquired confused.

" The one you are in love with. You never turned down my advances and yet today it's like I became a piece of bread in front of you. You didn't move neither did you respond. These are tale tell signs of someone who is seeing someone else and you want to be faithful to her," she concluded smiling.

" I don't know what you are talking about. I am just not in the mood," he murmured wishing she could leave him alone.

" You can lie to me Dima, but don't lie to yourself. You will lose her in the process. I know you think you are this invincible man who tells women off that you aren't interested in a relationship but one good thing about you is you treat the women with so much respect. But for ones, think about what you want for you not those women who throw themselves at you because they are looking to domesticate you or get into your pockets. For you to turn me down though, that's a special woman you have found and unconsciously you are already getting rid of your women so you stay faithful for her. You might not know this but you are already removing obstacles for her. One thing I liked about our relationship was that we had an understanding and I am a grown woman. I understand when my time is up. Chase her, before someone else does," Lucia adviced him. She stood up with a smile and walked away without a backward glance.

Dimitri stood up and took his phone looking at the photo he had taken of Tati while they slept. Her mouth was slightly open and she was drooling. He found himself smiling sheepishly and tracing his thumb across her lips. He had wanted so bad to kiss her that night but he couldn't because she wasn't one of his useless mistresses. Tati was a lady and she deserved to be treated as such. He found himself drawn to her but he didn't know if she felt the same about him.