FIRST MEETING

Tati walked around the ball room doing some final touches to the room. She had received a last minute client and wasn't happy about it because she was tired and still healing but she wouldn't turn down a client even if her life depended on it.

" Where should I put these flowers? One of the interns asked pushing in a  trolley full of daisies. The couple's favourites. Place them at each table then the small bouquets should be placed at the hosts table.

" Marco, were is the arc? She asked for the umpteenth time.

" It's here Miss. T, sorry for the delay. The driver was stuck in traffic. He said walking in after two guys who were carrying the arc. " Place it at the door, the couple wants to see what they expect on their wedding anniversary and am not about to let them down," she said walking towards the catering tables.

" Hey aunt Noomi, can I get something to eat am so hungry," she said sitting down.

" You know, ever since you give birth, you appetite has really increased. You know your aunt Annie is pregnant too it's like it's a baby boom season. Thank goodness my pregnancy was smooth Noomi bragged. Her son AJ was three months old and yet she was still glowing.

" I am so happy for aunty and mom too. It's like the dads are in a hurry to have more kids," Tati complained.

Noomi smiled at her lovingly as she placed a plate in front of her. " Well it's double everything for your mum especially now that she is going to have twins. She will need so much help. Thank goodness uncle Gabriel decided to relocate to be with Melissa. The whole family is always ready to help. There is never a moment I have seen your mum alone. And your dad's are the most thoughtful men I know. So as much as they are giving her babies, they can afford it," she said walking into a private room with her breast pump.

Tati followed her as she too was pumping her breasts for the baby she delivered for her friend. She had been visiting the baby twice every week but she was reducing the visits as she was feeling attached after every visit.

" Can I ask you something aunty? She asked as soon as they locked the door for privacy.

" Sure thing darling, talk to your favourite aunty," Noomi said opening the buttons to her shirt.

" You funny. Anyways I have been feeling attached to the baby every time I visit. And when Mari leaves me with her I start crying and ask myself what could have happened if she was mine. And for this reason, I am trying to cut down my visits to Mari's house," she explained. " Do you think I am a bad person for abandoning her?

" First of all, you didn't abandon her. Tati you are the most loving person I know. You sacrificed yourself to help a friend have a family and that tells me that you aren't a bad person. You have realised that you are developing feelings that go far beyond what is expected of you. So your decision to hold yourself back doesn't come from a selfish point but from a point of love. You have realised that with your presence you might destroy something beautiful and you have made a decision to make yourself scarce. To me that's the most honourable thing and I applaud you for that. Therefore, stop feeling guilty. You are making the right decision. Remember that Makaria belongs and came from Mari and Aldo. She is the greatest gift to them from you."

" Thanks aunty, your words mean a lot to me. I love you," she said taking her hand.

" I love you too. Now let's hurry and get back before they burn the whole place down. The party is in three hours."

Tati laughed at her aunt's last statement. She heard her phone ping and saw it was a message from an anonymous number.

Meet me at the old St. Peter's church at nine o'clock. I have some information. Don't be late.