SNAKE AMONG US

Dimitri walked into the restaurant ready for anything. He saw old man O'Neal eating his favourite chicken soup. Hashimoto the japanese gang leader sat pensively without a care in the world. Behind him  two of his best fighters ready to fight Incase there was a mishap.

There laywers were all present with the documents they had signed never to cross each other's territories. Massimo the Italian mob boss walked in last. He owned the largest territory followed by Dimitri. Though his territory was the largest Dimitri was the richest. The restaurant was also littered by a few patrons here and there so oblivious to what was going on or they just didn't care. Dimitri sat in a secluded booth in the corner facing old man O'Neal. He signalled at Hashimoto and Massimo before he took out his documents.

Soon the door opened and each member turned to looked who had just walked in. It was Giacomo himself in the flesh. He had suddenly left the life of crime and endorsed Massimo who had been his underboss. No one knew what he had been up to but there were rumors that he was still controlling the section. He threw glances around the restaurant, when his eyes settled on Massimo, he walked to him slowly showing no emotion at all.

Massimo on the other hand could not hide the shock on his face. He couldn't understand what his boss what doing in this crucial meeting. He knew Giacomo had his ears to the ground and might know something he didn't. He did not want to seem incompetent.

" Follow me, he said as he passed him through to the door that was near the kitchen."
Massimo followed looking confused. As soon as he walked through that door, Giacomo turned and instructed him to bring the other bosses but to leave their bodyguards behind.

It took a few minutes for them to agree to this because their plans were being changed. As soon as they walked through the corridor, they entered a lift that scanned them of any electronics before they descended to another floor.

Giacomo pressed a button that showed another dimly lit corridor. They were scanned again before entering a room that had a round table and a few refreshments. They all settled down looking at Giacomo like he was a god. During his time people had feared him. He had been the most feared mafia in the twenty first century. Seeing him here, meant things were really bad.

There was a pindrop silence as Giacomo sat and looked at the bosses without saying anything. Only Massimo knew his boss was angry by the vein evident on his forehead.

"Mmh, boss, what brings you here, I hope nothing bad? Massimo questioned hoping he wasn't going to get bullets in his body. He knew his boss's temper. He had seen him in action first hand. He hadn't flinched when he had shot his mother or the woman who had betrayed him. He was known for killing those who had betrayed him.

" I still have contacts in some of the best organizations, when someone wakes me up in the middle of the night to inform me that their is a mole digging around in our organization, I had to drop everything and come here, tell me what's going on? He asked looked at them like they were children.

" With all due respect Giacomo, we don't owe you any explanation... Old man O'Neal began looking at him condescendingly.

Rumour had it that O'Neal's limp was from a beating he received from Giacomo. Nobody knew why they had fought or if their issues were solved. But it was often said that after the fight O'Neal had gone into hiding for a few months and had come back a different man.

" Always thinking you are still the best man in the room, Giacomo said while walking around. He pulled out a recorder from his pocket and gave it to Massimo. Play it, he said without looking at him. Massimo quickly took it and pressed play. Suddenly two voiced filled the room.

" It won't be easy to infiltrate any of the organizations," one voice said.

" But we have to do something or else we might not hit our quarter," the other voice replied.