(Episode 6) Chapter 29

-- November 7, 2017, 10:00 PM --

-- A Bar in Hanam-si, Gyeonggi-do --

The team was seated around a big round table. They all looked at one another.

"Well, I think Detective Ahn should go first and then we'll do it oldest to youngest. You can talk about any concerns or worries you may have, maybe some things you observed and some suggestions that we can all go through together. Afterwards, let's say something we want to tell that person." Jaesuk told everyone and they all nodded. They all went one by one. A few jokes were cracked here and there to keep the tension to a minimum but overall, it was a pretty enlightening group discussion. Finally, it was Sunmi's turn.

"Well, as I mentioned earlier, one of the reasons why I didn't tell anyone except Sejeong-unnie that I solved the puzzle in the first room was because I thought we could all use the team building exercise. I really liked the second room as well because it required us to work together to solve the words and keep the scale balanced. I think we can just communicate more and even if we split up into different units to work on a case faster, we should always remember that we're one team and that we're working towards one common goal, and that's to solve the case and catch the criminal." Sunmi said and everyone nodded at her words. Sehun, who was beside her, placed a hand on the small of her back and rubbed it up and down to tell her he was there.

"I said this earlier to Sehun and Kwangsoo and I'll say it again. I think you are very talented and mature for your age. Aside from your brain, I think your personality is your asset as well. As your oldest oppa in the team, thank you for trusting and helping me. I admit that I used to overlook you because of your age but from now, I promise to do my best not to treat you like a kid anymore and to trust you more." Jaewook told her.

"Sunmi-ah, first of all, like Detective Ahn, I want to comment on how mature you are for your age. You're easily able to adapt in dealing with us all. You tend to smile and laugh a lot and like Sejeong, it brightens up our days. Also, when it comes down to it, you get serious and you're not afraid to get down and dirty to catch the culprit. Although there may be times you might feel as though we don't value you enough, please know that I, personally, think you are vital to the team. There might have been times your ideas and suggestions were overlooked or you were not given the credit you were due. I apologize for that. As the leader, I should try my best to listen to everyone more." Jaesuk told her.

"Sunmi-ah, I admit, we haven't worked together in a unit that much which is why we may not be as close as the others are but thank you for listening to my ideas and opinions. I will do my best to be a good oppa to you in the future." Jongmin told her.

"I would like to thank you, for always thinking of everyone in the team, especially me. I won't ever forget what you did for me on the island. You give so much to everyone in the team and I promise to be a better Oppa and be someone you can depend on." Kwangsoo told her.

"I admit, we aren't as close as Sejeong and I have become because we're usually in different units. I think that's because of the fact that we're kind of like the brains of each unit. However, please don't think I like you any less than I do Sejeong. Let's hang out of work more often." Minyoung told her. Everyone then looked at Sehun who was thinking of what to say without it sounding too intimate.

"Sehun-ah, you're the one I think should have the most to say." Jaesuk teased him and Sehun gave an embarrassed smile.

"Hyung, should I go first?" Sejeong teasingly asked him as well. He shook his head.

"I... uh... You already know what I want to say even without me saying it." He told her and she nodded at him with a smile.

"I don't get these two. Are you guys together? There's something weird between the two of you, like you have secrets you aren't telling us." Jaesuk observed which Sunmi just laughed at.