Don't forget - Part 1

Reader POV –

Months had passed since that day. Estella had visited several times. With each visit I became increasingly aware of the fact that I was falling head over heels in love with her. Every time I saw her my feelings were getting deeper, more intense and more bewitching. It was like there was a fire within my heart, and she was the fuel keeping it burning. I knew that I shouldn't feel this way, but I couldn't help myself. She was like a magnetic force, impossible to resist.

The month I spent with her was the best time of my life. Every second I spent with her was like a dream, one that I never wished to wake from. When we were together it was like the world stopped and nothing else mattered, only her and I. I remember the last night I saw her. She and I had made dinner together, we spent the rest of the evening watching a movie and laying in each other's arms. It was an evening that I wanted to last and eternity, but to me only lasted a few seconds.

I told her that night that that I loved her and how much she meant to me. I thought she felt that way too – but I was wrong. I had no idea when I fell asleep in her arms that it would be the for last time. If I knew I would have savoured every second of it, but instead I took it for granted. When I awoke the next morning she had gone. She had left me like the moonlight leaves at dawn, and once again I was alone and she was nothing but a distant memory.

Weeks passed as my nights grew longer and darker without her. I felt foolish and hurt that she would play with my feelings and leave without even giving me a proper explanation. Everybody in my life seemed to leave eventually, my mum, my brother, most of my friends. I was used to it, I had grew accustom to being alone, but that didn't stop it hurting any less. I really thought Estella would be different, I trusted her, I loved her. Perhaps it was my fault she left. I was shouldn't have told her how I felt, it was too much too soon. I never intended to overwhelm her.

Memories and thoughts of her tormented me as I now sat in my own solitude. She held my heart in her hands and left an emptiness where it once was. She took what was once a light in my soul and replaced it with a darkness that overshadowed every second of the day. And in spite of all that, in spite of the hurt I felt, I still longed to feel her near again, for her to hold me once more. I lay in my bed every night praying that she would call me and tell me that it was a mistake, that she missed me. But she never did. I was just expected to carry on as if nothing had happened.

On top of that I had still not found work. After facing countless rejections at auditions I had lost all motivation. I felt defeated. I tried my hardest to keep myself busy, to keep my mind from thinking about her, but it didn't work. I spent the majority of my time mindlessly watching the television, reading and continuing with my job search. I sat at my kitchen table searching the newspaper for jobs, when I came across an article about a mysterious woman that crashed Baroness Von Hellman's ball.

The mystery woman was captivating and intriguing. She wore a bright red dress and she had black-and-white curls that fell graciously on her face, which was covered by a mask. She had a striking and mysterious aura that had captured the whole countries attention. Her eyes reminded me of Estella's, they had the same enchanted glint in them. For a brief moment I thought it was her, but the idea of that seemed totally ridiculous. I must have been hallucinating. This woman was cold, mean and stand-offish, definitely unlike the Estella I had grown to know, or at least thought I knew. My mind was just playing tricks on me, I was seeing things that weren't there.

Traces of her were all over my flat reminding me of the time I had shared with her. I felt empty and alone there. Memories of her followed me everywhere I went, everything I did, everything I saw, reminded me of her. The roads we had walked, streetlights we had kissed under, the pub, the fountain, the park, everything. I knew for certain that I would never re-adjust to life without her again.

If only I was able to forget her.

AN - This chapter is in 2 parts because I thought I would try something different with the narrative. They are both a little shorter than usual. Sorry this took such a depressing turn. Don't worry tho - I am not gonna give this a tragic ending lol.

I still am a simp for Cruella and I would happily let her break my heart. B x