Can't Change Anything Now.

"Baby, I'm home!!!" No answer.

That's strange, I've never had to call him more than once before.

"Scott, are you there babe??"

Hmm, weird. His car is in the driveway. Where could he be? Oh well, maybe he's busy with work.

I put the groceries down on the kitchen counter, and quickly made my way upstairs.
As I start my way upstairs, I come across his dress shirt and red stilettos. I feel my heart beat faster with every step I took. He couldn't possibly be with another woman, right?? He promised he would never ever betray me.

Gulping down my nerves, I proceed to the top of the stairs, where I see even more clothes sprawled messily on the first floor. I start feeling light headed and grab on to the banister for support. I take a deep breath, and reach our bedroom door.

I hear deep grunts and moans on the other side of the room. Fuck it, it's now or never.
I open the door and the sight before me sends chills to my spine.

My own husband, balls deep in my best friend Chrissy.

Chrissy Mathews, has....well, had been my friend ever since we were 10 years old. We've told each other all our deepest darkest secrets and always been there for one another.
It was always evident that she was secretly jealous of me, making snide remarks about me on the low, I mean sure, I look very attractive if I do say so myself, but I never took it seriously because she was my best friend.

She never approved of me and Scott's relationship, she always said I deserved better, and we were not compatible for one another. I didn't know why until I found out that she wanted him for herself. Just my fucking luck huh?

"WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!?!" I.Was.Livid. And I didn't give a flying fuck that I was screaming like a madman.

He turned his head around so fast I thought it would snap at that very moment.
"Zara baby...fuck, uhh....Baby, please, it's not what you think it is. Please Zara." He pleaded with those beautiful chocolate coloured eyes that once made me turn to jelly.

"Then what the fuck is it Scott?! Please make me understand how the fuck you're fucking my best friend?!"

I turned to my best friend. The bitch who promised to be by my side forever.

"And YOU!!! You're such a fucking bitch Chrissy, I don't understand how you would do this to me!!"

She looked pleased with herself. Almost like she planned on getting caught. The nerve.

"Zara please, this is not how I wanted this to go down but... I'm sorry you had to find out like this. We can't change anything now." He said, with a blank look on his face.

"Wha-
What are you talking about Scott? We were supposed to be happy Baby, just me and you, living our best lives together, why are you doing this to me?"

"I just can't live this double life anymore Zara, I love Chrissy. I'm in love with her and -"

"No No No No No!!!!!! How the fuck are you saying this to me?? You married ME!!!! YOU said for better, for worse till DEATH do US part Scott, surely you don't mean that!!!"

Scott was losing patience fast. "Shit Zara, I cannot ignore the feelings I have for Her" he said, gesturing to Chrissy, who was clearly enjoying the scene unfolding before her.

"We haven't been spending enough time together, I'm always working and you're busy with starting your business. We hardly ever have time for one another. She was always there to lift my mood. She brought back the spark that I thought had disappeared forever. I'm sorry but.....it's over."

My walls were breaking down fast. I'm not about to let them see me weak. I took a deep breath closing my eyes.

"Fine, if that's what you want, so be it. I just hope it was worth destroying our marriage. I'll get my clothes in the morning."

I turned around to leave, not looking back. A part of me wanted him to run after me and tell me he didn't mean all that he said to me. But he didn't. He never did. I grabbed my car keys and left.