He's Quite The Fighter.

When I arrived back at the mansion, nothing looked out of place, everything looked just as I had left it.
"Oh Ms Zara, you're finally back!!!" Bethany came in from the kitchen holding a tray of freshly made muffins.

I took one gratefully, "hello to you too Ms Bethany, it feels good to be back home."

"I trust that my grandson is still kicking right?"

"Of course, he's quite the fighter!!"

Mason stepped in, interrupting our conversation, "okay guys, I'm sure Zara's still pretty beat down from everything, and wants to lie down. Right?"

"I'm fine. I can help you in the -"

"Oh hush Dearie, he's right, you need all the rest you can get at this moment." Bethany shushed me, winking at me before walking back into the kitchen.

I looked at Mason, confusion clear on my face.
"Don't worry, she's still trying to wrap her head around everything that's happened. Let's get you settled, shall we?"

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅 :

"Did you get it done?"

A defeated sigh left my lips. "No sir, I failed. He's in too deep."

"What happened to you, dear daughter in law? You were supposed to steer him back to us, we need him!!!!!"

"I -, I understand that sir, but he.....he has been given something I failed to give him. She's pregnant." I finish with my head bent low.

I hear a small gasp from the older lady seated next to my ex father in law.
"Pregnant, you say?"  A playful tone in his voice.

"Yes sir, about 9 months now. A boy."

"Well I'll be damned. He dares to make another woman pregnant while married to you? Quite distasteful."

"Sir, if I may interject, we're not married anymore so I don't have any say in who or what -"

"Nonsense. Divorced or not you will always be our daughter. But....it seems this has put quite an obstacle in our plan to coerce him into working with us again, and his brothers won't help us either. Looks like we have a long awaited conversation to have with our dearest son."

I cleared my throat, hoping this is the end of this discussion. "If there's nothing else, I'd like to take my leave now."

"Of course dear, we'll talk again soon. You're excused. But, don't forget to tell the others about the developments."

I walked out of the Anderson house with fear for the future. More especially what he'll do to me once he finds out.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

"Do you really think that she believes us?"

"Why wouldn't she? Everyone can see that she still has a soft spot for him. Let her have her moment, just until we get what we want."

"I hope this works out. We can't lose our son. You know how important he is to us. To our empire."

"Don't worry my wife, soon we'll come back on top. You have my word."

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

"All I'm saying is, his strokes are just out of this world. He had me doing cartwheels on cartwheels." Taylor said with her mouth full of nachos.

"Next thing you'll think he's the one too. Aren't you tired of fucking random dudes the time? Don't you wanna settle down?" Alex answers flicking his hair.