Second Chance.

" Calista, how far is Alex? We need to get the measurements in Mr Williams' basement for the revamp" I asked my assistant.

"Alex is 5 minutes away Ms Campbell. He had to fetch the plans for the new office space at the city hall."

I thanked my assistant and sent her away.
Callista is a young 21 year old all the way from Mississipi. She was ready to leave the nest after completing her degree, and I decided to take her under my wing. She's such a innocent one, with her wavy brown hair and big reading glasses. I honestly love working with her.

I turned my chair to my massive floor to ceiling windows in my office, and looked out on the beautiful scenery.

It's been 2 years since my divorce, and I am doing so much better than I thought. Scott broke me in ways that I didn't believe were possible. I didn't take his money because I didn't want anything to do with him, or anything that would remind me of him.

I heard through the grapevine that him and Chrissy got engaged a year ago, and to say I was broken would be an understatement. Deep down I always hoped he'd come back to me, and tell me he was foolish to ever leave me, and we would fix things and live out the rest of our days together.

After the divorce I never bothered on trying to date again, it just never felt right.

I was brought out of my daydream by Alex snapping his fingers in my face.

*snap snap snap snap*

"Hey!!!! Earth to Zara.... You okay babe?"

"Huh....yeah, yeah. Just thinking is all." He looked at me with a 'are you kidding right now' look.

He took a deep sigh. " Sweetie, he's gone. You have to accept that he's moved on with that hag, and you have to move on too."

I pulled the ends of my long curly hair frustratedly
" I know, I know. You're right. It's his loss and he's not my problem anymore" I said trying to put on a strong face.

" Let's go out tonight babe. It's a Friday , and you haven't been out the house in a million fucking years!!!"

I was apprehensive on going. Clubs aren't even my thing. I don't even drink that much. But then again, I'm single, and I need to let off some steam from the past week.

"Fuck it, let's go to a club!!!!" I said with enthusiasm.

He looked at me and displayed his million dollar smile. "That's my girl!!!! I'll fetch you at uhm.....7?"

"Works for me. Thanks again Alex, for being here for me and helping me move on from that fucker" I told him with a grateful smile on my face.

He waved me off, rolling his eyes with a smirk
" Ugh, it's fine sweetie, he doesn't deserve you, and if anything, you missed a fucking bullet with that piece of trash. Think of it like this: this is basically your second chance at actually having something real with a person who'll actually put you first. You'll see."