Are You Okay?

I decided to work from home since I wasn't really feeling good. But a part of me hated working from home because the silence caused me to think about the interaction I had with that homewrecker Chrissy and Scott 3 weeks ago. Next week was the wedding and I could feel my blood boiling.

Seeing him with her gave me the confirmation that we will never ever get back together, and even though that truth broke me somehow, it gave me the closure I needed. Besides, why would I fuck myself over by getting back together with a cheater?

He looked....lost. Very lost. He still looked as handsome as the last time I saw him. But slightly....off? Anyways, me and Mason have been spending more time together, with him sometimes sleeping over and leaving early the next day, Almost like a routine. And NO!! We haven't had sex.....yet. He's surprisingly very patient and says his focus isn't to hit and run. He actually wants to know about me, my flaws, my likes and dislikes. I also told him about my marriage with Scott. I thought he would've been on the edge and got turned off. Instead, he said he doesn't deserve me, and I am more than enough. I've also come to learn that we have a 10 year age difference, him being 34 and me being 24. I never could've guessed it because he looks very good for his age, like maybe 28 or something. He has 2 older brothers and he's very close with his parents. He owns a chain of clubs and hotels around the world with his brothers.

Over time we have gotten closer and decided to start a relationship a month ago. And so far, it has been absolutely perfect.

"Hey babe, you okay?" Mason peeked in through my door that was slightly closed.

I closed my MacBook and told him to come in.

He sat down on the chair in front of me and looked at me, waiting for my response.
Taking a deep breath I started, " I'm alright I guess. I just can't believe she would think we would suddenly get along and act like nothing happened. It's just....weird, you know? The guy I used to love and my bitch ex best friend getting married? I just can't wrap my head around it."

He reached over and held my slightly cold hands
" Zara baby, you don't need to worry about anything. If anything, it's that fucker who lost out, not you. You gave that marriage your all and you even left everything to make him happy. But even that was not enough. I don't want you to worry about someone who didn't give two shits about you when he was fucking your best friend....in the bed YOU shared. You have me now. And I am not planning to let you go, ever." He came over to my side and we shared a passionate kiss.

"Thank you Mace, for everything. I don't know where I would have been if it wasn't for you." I gave him a small, but meaningful, peck on the lips.

"Anytime baby. Now what do you want for dinner? Takeaway or homemade?"

¶¶¶¶¶¶

We were on the couch eating Chinese food when my phone dinged. I grabbed my phone and looked at the message from Alex.

"You Are Formally Invited To The Holy Matrimony Of Christine 'Chrissy' Matthews And Scott Cruise On Saturday, February 19th, 2022, 13:00

At The Intercontinental Hotel In The Garden.

We Expect To See You There.
Regards, The Bride And The Groom"

With a sigh I responded :

Zara : You going?

Alex : I'll go if you do. He's YOUR ex-husband after all.

Zara : Thanks for that unsolicited piece of information Alex., Fuck....its gonna be awkward as hell.

Alex : I know right?! Is Mason going with you?

Zara : You know how he is. He would never let me go alone. He's very.....possessive if I can say it that way. But in a good way.

Alex : You really love him, don't you? ;)

Zara : It's way too soon to say that I love him, but he treats me like a fucking princess. But, I guess so.

"Baby, you've been on your phone for the past 10 minutes, I'm starting to think I'm boring you" he said with a smile that just melts my insides.

"I'm almost done baby, just gimme a sec yea?"

Zara : I'll see you at the wedding, say hi to Brian for me.

Alex : I will sweetie, Love Ya.

I responded to Alex and put my phone away.

"Mace?" I said fully facing him.

He looked towards me and made himself comfortable. "Yea babe?"

"So....you wanna go with me to the wedding?"

He tilted his head while scratching his chin, " you sure you wanna go to that? You won't feel overwhelmed or something? You do know that we can just chill here, or at my house and watch a movie....."

I shook my head lightly " no Mace, I'll be fine. Besides, you'll be with me every step of the way, and so will Alex and his husband Brian. So you have nothing to worry about."

He caressed my cheek and I leaned into his touch.
" I'm mostly worried about those two gloating in your face. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. You'll tell me if you feel uncomfortable, right?" He said while looking at me intently.

I gave him a kiss to which he immediately responded and pulled back " should it come to that, we'll leave and come back home and watch a movie, like you suggested." I said with a wink.

"Hmm....alright. if you say so."