⁂ Chap. 5 Hidden

Lucinda - she hates humans more than she hate her ex-boyfriend who cheated. The humans killed her parents and kept her caged. She had spent years caged with other werewolves who was also caught. But what she didn't expect was a human rescuing her....

_____________________________________

I expressed discontent as I extended my arms and legs for relaxation, gradually opening my eyes to be momentarily overwhelmed by the intensity of the natural light entering through the window. As I roused from my sleep and rubbed my eyes, I discerned a woman wearing a black and white dress with an apron, in the act of opening the curtains of the window.

"W-Who are you?" I spoke softly while scanning the room briefly.

The lady turns towards me, "You're awake I see." I could tell there was a bit of rudeness behind her voice. "Breakfast will be sent to your room soon."

I looked down and realized I was sitting on a massive bed. "W-Where am I?"

She scoff in annoyance, she turn towards me after finishing, "You are located at Moonlight King's palace."

"What?"

The maid strides across the room reaching for a door handle opening it then slowly closing the door behind her. I cautiously made my way to the edge of the bed and ambled toward the closet window. My eyes widened as I took in the view. I realized I was on a high floor and observed a vast garden enclosed by hedges. In the middle of the garden, a large water feature surged from the ground, ascending into the sky before cascading into a circular basin. 

The last thing I remember was getting chased by these corrupted wolves and I rolled down on the side of the road with a tree breaking the fall but in the process my stomach punctured.

I inhaled sharply as the truth dawned on me. Raising my hand to touch the area where my ribs were broken and the pain near my stomach, I felt nothing. There was no pain or distress, as if it had been miraculously healed. At that moment, the maid entered with a car laden with food. She proceeded to a small table, placed a chair, and began arranging the food. 

I approached her, "How long have I been here?"

She continues to place the food down while talking, "For 3 days now." I touched the side of my ribs.

But that's impossible? My ribs should've taken at least a month or 2 to heal completely. But it was like I was never injured to begin with.

I wanted to ask more questions but the maid spoke first, "I know you have a lot of questions to ask, I will answer all of them only if you eat first."

She finished setting up the table and walk towards the door. "Knock 3 times after you're done." She twist the handle, existing the room.

Seated at the table, I gazed at the meticulously arranged food, marveling at the delicate care and skill evident in their preparation. The dishes were cooked to perfection, but I found myself unfamiliar with at least half of them. While I may have come across these in books, the sight of them gave me pause, causing me to hesitate before partaking. 

I saw long utensils next to the dishes, one was round and one had 4 spikes on it. I grabbed the round utensil, "What is this? What is the purpose of these?"

I placed the utensils back on the table surface and closely looked at the round decorative plate and a decorative round bowl. The plate had bread and other various foods on it while the bowl had a mysterious warm liquid that made my mouth water. I touched the food on the plate and began eating. They tasted even better than the food given to us in Underground Tunnels. Each piece of food carried unfamiliar layers of flavor, igniting my taste buds in a way that introduced me to unknown culinary experience.