Prologue

"San Lang, meet at Puqi Shrine or Paradise Manor?" Xie Lian asked Hua Cheng through private communication array.

"I will pick Gege instead," Hua Cheng responded. Xie Lian could imagine his smile whil asking him. He let out a soft giggle and bid his goodbye to him. Hua Cheng also bid his goodbye to him.

They both were seperated this morning. Hua Cheng got matters to settle in Ghost City while Xie Lian was currently helping Ling Wen about the secret strong spell that had created by someone since the morning in Heavenly Capital. The whereabouts were in between 3 realms.

"Ling Wen, describe me this spell's details," Xie Lian asked her.

"It seems that this spell... is not created by someone who's very low in having spiritual powers. It was an extremely dangerous spell.

Someone who was casted under the spell will immediately take over whatever any kind of body the caster will choose. The rests are still not detailed yet but it is indeed dangerous," Ling Wen groaned as she knew this was going to be hard work.

"Hmm? Do you have the spell?" he asked her.

"Yes. It was here. Some mortal snatched this small wooden box in the forest but almost got killed by the creator of the spell. Thanks Heaven that Lord Wind Master managed to sense something dangerous near him and helped them.

He described that the creator was all in dark green robes, face cover and has a lot of spiritual powers in them. The sad parts are that the said mortal passed away due to the heavy injured and the creator ran away. There was a little green fire above the mortal's head as soon as they snatched this box," she continued.

"..."

"..."

"... Ling Wen, do you think it's Qi Rong's doing? That cousin of mine will always bring trouble to 3 realms, of course," Xie Lian facepalmed as he knew that his cousin was always troublesome to take care of. Maybe this is also the reason why Hua Cheng had something to settle in Ghost City. All of this was his doings.

"En. We can suspect him first in our list," Ling Wen gave him the box. He carefully examined the box. It is indeed contained a lot of spiritual powers.

"Hmm... What if I open it-"

"YOUR HIGHNESS! I FOUND THE CREATOR! IT WAS QI RONG!" Shi Qingxuan, who was in his female form, bursted into the room with Qi Rong's arms tied up behind his back.

Xie Lian accidentally opened the wooden box and the wooden box started absorbed his body. Everyone was panicked about it.

"COUSIN CROWN PRINCE?! DID YOU JUST OPEN THAT FUCKING BOX?" Qi Rong exclaimed in panic that he knew he was the only one who knew how the spell worked.

Everyone was stunned and didn't know what to do. He was panicking mumbled the cast under his breathing and the box already finished absorbing Xie Lian.

"..."

"Listen, I had to do it. I have to put him in someone's else body or else his body will be completely destroyed in seconds. I really can't do anything else as the box targeted him and I am the caster. His body is now in that box, keep it safe and do not destroy it.

For the owner of the body, the soul is still in the body but musn't take over the body over 12 hours or else the soul will be damaged and Cousin Crown Prince will stuck in that body forever, never return. Cousin Crown Prince has to cling into that body until the day of the body get destroyed so he can return to his body but it won't work if you guys change the fate," Qi Rong spat and looked away as he finished his explanation.

Hua Cheng immediately showed with his butterflies surrounding him. He was very mad and disappointed at him, face darkened. The Goddess gulped at that. He regretted that he didn't make in time but he was glad that there was still a butterfly on Qi Rong so he knew what's happening.

"Now tell me, why would you ever create this stupid spell? Where and who is the body that you're casted His Highnes to take over the body?" Hua Cheng held his head which made Qi Rong dropped down to his knees.

"Ugh, I don't even know why I created it. I was so bored, okay? And also, the spell won't work without targeting someone so I spat out a random mortal name like... Wei Ying? Yeah, it's Wei Ying. It only worked on birth name. The reason why I don't want to target any of you because you guys won't gonna die anyways," Qi Rong spat out again but his head immediately smashed into the ground by Hua Cheng.

Ling Wen didn't dare to make any commentary and immediately gave him the box. He securely put the box on his hand and told her to find any mortal that has the birth name Wei Ying.

...

"Huh? Where am I?" Xie Lian slowly got up from the ground.

"Um... mister? Why did you have... my body?" a child approached him.

Xie Lian whipped his head to the child but he was dumbfounded by it. A child- a spirit child just asked him about him having his body. Xie Lian was about to hold his hand but he was stunned by his own hand. He was indeed in this child's body!

"M-mister, don't be panic. I also don't know what happened as I woke up, found myself... floating? Did I..." the child trailed off and looked down, sad expression was shown on his face.

"Nonsense! You absolutely didn't. You're still here and I will make sure to keep you safe and return to your body safely. I will also get my body back. I am sorry that I also did not know what happened. Don't worry, I have the friends of mine that will help me. Mind telling me your name, little one?" Xie Lian gave him a soft kind smile. The child only giggled at that.

"Don't apologise mister as we both are completely clueless about ourselves. My name is Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei Wuxian!" Wei Wuxian put a big smile on his face, only made Xie Lian widened his smile.

"Ah, Just call me Xie Lian then. Don't mind me calling you Wei Wing? How old are you?" Xie Lian asked him.

"Mn! I don't mind at all! Actually... I'm turning 9 today..." he looked away shyly. Xie Lian still smiled at him.

"I can consider that this is gonna be a lucky day for you because... His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Xianle has taken over your body instead, it was me. A god accidentally takes over a child's body on his birthday. Silly me," Xie Lian scratched his face awkwardly.

"Eh?! You're a god?! Don't worry, Your Highness. Once I grow up in healthy and rich, I will build a giant temple just for His Highness Xie Lian!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed happily as he didn't know that the one who took over his body by accident was a god. He also felt safe that he knew His Highness would not do any harm to him.

"Ahahah, Wei Ying, I really appreciate it. And also, happy birthday! You will be blessed to grow up in healthy and rich!" Xie Lian blessed him immediately.

"Thank you so much, Your Highness. I would do anything for Your Highness in return of keeping me safe and return myself back into my body again," Wei Wuxian put his hand on his chest. Xie Lian chuckled at that.

---

A/N: Morning, today is second last exam for me and I just got new fanfic idea *slaps you with this fanfic au of mine.

(1307 words)