2 | Lotus Pier

All of them already went back to their work. Xie Lian took over Wei Wuxian's body again as for not forgetting about it. Hua Cheng secretly gave him a blanket that they knew this child was homeless, not anymore soon in the future. He also gave him foods. Wei Wuxian really appreciated him at all.

They couldn't stay in Heavenly Realm or Ghost City as they didn't know when someone would gonna pick him up. Poor Hua Cheng that he was just gonna stuck around with His Highness at Yiling.

They were having a good time with this child. Wei Wuxian sometimes would blabbering anything from his mouth, They just happily listened to him as kids loved to talk as much as they wanted.

As for Xie Lian, he would teach anything about formality to Wei Wuxian. It was a blessing from god himself that he was a quick learner. He was proud of that child indeed. He tried his best to prevent Hua Cheng from teaching that child something bad.

It only took 4 days for someone to pick him up. They were surprised that it was the Sect Leader Jiang, Jiang Fengmian. He said that his father, Wei Changze used to be a servant on his sect. Wei Wuxian happily accepted him as he knew his father, the couple felt relieved too. Jiang Fengmian even took his chance to feed him a piece of melon before they arrived at Yunmeng. Xie Lian let Wei Wuxian took over his body and stayed with  Hua Cheng.

They had arrived at Lotus Pier. Madam Yu could be seen in the hall with their daughter, Jiang Yanli together.

"San Niang, I have found a child," Yu Ziyuan clicked her tongue at him.

"Whatever, as long as you didn't forget your own biological children or your only biological son, then take care of them," she stormed out from there. The couple didn't feel any good vibes from her.

"A-Die, this is?" Jiang Yanli approached them.

"Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei Wuxian, son of my great friends, Wei Changze and Cangse Sanren. From now on, I will take him in here as a ward, from my friend's wish. Greet your martial younger brother here, A-Li. Go get your brother A-Cheng," Jiang Fengmian told her.

"Oh! A-Xian, nice to meet you! I'm your martial older sister, Jiang Yanli. Follow me, let's greet your martial younger brother," Jiang Yanli held his hand and led the way, Wei Wuxian only happily nodded at her. Jiang Fengmian smiled at the child and followed them, same goes to the couple too who's invisible to all the mortal's eyes except Wei Wuxian.

As soon as they could heard a dog barking, Wei Wuxian immediately got scared and hid behind Jiang Fengmian. The couple didn't know that this child was feared of the dogs.

"Wei Ying, it's really fine. Look, they're the harmless and cute one. I can tell all the differences of every dogs," Xie Lian tried to comfort him. He wanted to take over his body right now as that child still scared at the dogs.

Jiang Fengmian only picked him up as comfort while Jiang Yanli got distracted as she called her brother out, "A-Cheng! A-Cheng!".

Jiang Cheng noticed them and approached them. He was about to greet them but he noticed there was a child on his father's arm. He was confused about it but felt little insecure and jealousy about it.

"A-Cheng, meet your new martial older brother, Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei Wuxian. I'm afraid that I will need to send your dogs from here, " Jiang Fengmian stated.

"A-Die? Why would you need to send Jasmine, Princess and Love? We recently just bought them!" Jiang Cheng pouted at him.

"Ah... A-Cheng, this martial older brother of yours is scared of dogs. It would be better if they're not around here. I'm sorry about that," Jiang Yanli stated with apologise looks.

"Huh? What are you afraid of? It's just a dog!" Jiang Cheng mad at them but he got a intense stare from his father. He gulped at that and defeated as he couldn't do anything about his dogs just because of his stupid martial older brother who got scared of dogs. The couple felt relieved at that.

The night had fell, Wei Wuxian already had a nice clean robes. He was told that he would share room with Jiang Cheng.

They arrived at his room, the couple told Wei Wuxian to knock the door. They found the door was locked. He nodded at them and followed their instruction, "Shidi, shidi! Please let me in!"

"Who's your shidi? Go away! This is my room! Are you trying to steal my room too?" Jiang Cheng could be heard inside. They confused why Jiang Cheng would be mad at Wei Wuxian.

"I'm not stealing anything! Uncle Jiang let me stay with you," Wei Wuxian responded.

"Go away! If I see you again, I'll set a pack of dogs on you!" Jiang Cheng threatened him.

"I'm leaving! I'm leaving, but please don't call the dogs," Wei Wuxian immediately left from there. Xie Lian only facepalmed as this kid dared to threatened him with dogs. Hua Cheng knew what His Highness wanted so he followed the child and secured his safety.

Hua Cheng didn't know how fast was this kid. He already on the tree branch. He got up there and patted his back as comforted. Wei Wuxian didn't say anything but hid more of his face in his knees.

"A-Xian! A-Xian, where are you?" they heard Jiang Yanli from far with her footsteps.

They could heard her footstepswas closed by and stopped. They took a little peek and saw her staring at something on the ground while holding a lantern that had the letter "Jiang". How silly Hua Cheng was as he forgot to pick up that shoe from the ground the moment he found him.  They also could see Xie Lian behind her smiling.

Jiang Yanli went to pick up the shoe and looked up at the tree, "Why did your shoe fall off! Does it not fit?"

"No, it fits just fine," Wei Wuxian replied without hesitation and immediately covered his mouth with shocked as he just got exposed himself from hiding. Hua Cheng didn't care and went up to Xie Lian. Xie Lian smiled at the scene.

"A-Xian, A-Cheng has a bad temper but he actually glad to have a new companion. You stayed out for a long time so he got worried and looked for you everywhere. Let's go home, okay?" she stated.

"No, I won't. There are dogs!" he exclaimed.

"There are no dogs. Even if there were, I'd drive them away from you. Now, come down, A-Xian," she held her hand out for him.

Hua Cheng went up back to him again and carefully let him down as it was high for a child to go down. Jiang Yanli was glad that he didn't injured anywhere so she held his hand and walked together. Xie Lian satisfied about it and caught up with them, same goes to Hua Cheng.

They took not a long time to find Jiang Cheng on the ground and injured. She only sighed at her brothers and held their hand together by her sides. Jiang Cheng apologised to him and promised him that he would chase any dogs off for him as Wei Wuxian made a promise that he won't tell Uncle Jiang about this. He immediately made a group hug with her sister and her shixiong. The couple happily looked at the scene of the Jiang siblings.

Meanwhile, in another universe:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HIS HIGHNESS IS GONNA BE AWAY FOR LIKE 20 YEARS?"

"WHO IS THE CHILD?"

"THAT GREEN GHOST QI RONG! HOW DARE HE?"

"THIS SPELL IS TOO DANGEROUS! BANISH!"

"So... Who is our temporarily second Heavenly Emperor besides His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Xianle?"

Ling Wen only twitched her eye's corner, dark circles around her eyes as tiredness as Pei Ming stood next to here, rather bored. Shi Qingxuan fanned himself awkwardly while standing next to Feng Xin and Mu Qing who explained the whole situation. This was gonna be a lot of pain in the ass for Ling Wen.

---

A/N: hi pepole

(1398 words)