5 | Orchid Room

"Your Highness, you sure you want to take my place at here, right now?" Wei Wuxian asked him as they all sat on their seat as soon as Lan Qiren arrived.

"Mn. I'm very curious about their Gusu Lan Sect rules as I didn't have time to check out about it so you should also stay with me," Xie Lian response and stood up together with everyone to greet Lan Qiren. Wei Wuxian was suprised that the scroll was way too long.

"Please sit down. Gusu Lan Sect rules; no unsanctioned fighting, no promiscuity, no killing on premises, no wandering past curfew, no rowdiness, no running, no sneering, no improper sitting posture..." Lan Qiren continued reciting the 3000 rules.

"Your Highness! That was a lot! I couldn't even can memorize all of it!" Wei Wuxian dramatically faked his faint on the ground, Xie Lian no paid attention to him at all as he was in all curious about this 3000 rules.

"... How could that Lan Wangji person is so attentive to something this boring?" Wei Wuxian pouted at that as he looked at Lan Wangji. Xie Lian gave a soft chuckle at him as he just noticed Wei Wuxian paid attention to Lan Wangji instead.

They suddenly heard a thud on the table. Wei Wuxian flinched at it and paid his attention back to Lan Qiren as he though he took over his place, Xie Lian still maintained at all.

"Since no one bothered to read from the rock wall, I'm repeating the rules one by one now. Let's see who can violate them and claim ignorance again!" Lan Qiren stated.

"Your Highness, is he talking about me?" Wei Wuxian asked him in front of him while putting his elbow on the table, chin rested on his palm. Xie Lian only smiled at him his seat as his response.

"Someone is still not paying attention. Well then, let's change the topic," Lan Qiren continued as he stroked his goatee, observed everyone in the room to be picked.

"... Wei Ying," he called Wei Wuxian out.

"Here!" Xie Lian responded to him instead as Wei Wuxian wanted to take his place, continued to pout at him.

Lan Qiren kept giving him questions but Xie Lian perfectly answered all of it until this one question.

"There was an executioner with parents, a wife and children. He executed over a hundred people in his lifetime. He died a sudden death, his body left on the streets for 7 days. With the build up of resentful energy, he started to haunt and kill.

What should be done?" Lan Qiren asked him.

Wei Wuxian requested that he wanted to answer this question instead so Xie Lian let him take over his place.

"Well..." Wei Wuxian started to think, only made Xie Lian tilted his head in confusion. He expected this boy would know how to answer this question instead.

"Wangji, tell him what should be done," he picked his nephew Lan Wangji to answer the question.

He stood up and started giving him his answer, "first, liberate him. Appeal to his sentiment towards his family. Grant his dying wish and relieve any lingering obsessions. It it fails, suppress him. If his crimes are grave and resentful energy persists, exterminate him..."

Wei Wuxian had an idea in the middle of his answer and sat down, started drawing something on the paper. Xie Lian was curious about it.

"...Cultivators should abide by this order in their exorcisms without fail."

"I have a question. Granting his dying wish and relieving his obsessions seems easy in theory. But what if his obsession was to wipe out a clan for vengeance, what then?" Wei Wuxian questioned them. He made Xie Lian paid more attention to him right now.

"Thus liberate if possible, suppress if necessary, exterminate as a last retort," Lan Wangji answered him.

"Such a waste! It's not like I didn't know this answer. I was only considering the 4th option," he shook his head lightly as he stated out. Xie Lian was little suprised about it.

"I have never heard of a 4th option," he responded.

"The executioner died a horrible death. He'd certainly turn into a fierce corpse. Since he executed over a hundred before he died, why not... dig up the graves of the executed, arouse their resentful energy, then let the hundred heads fight against the fierce corpse?" he showed Lan Wangji his drawing for the better explaination. Everyone in the room was stunned by him, Xie Lian gave out his suprise Pikachu face.

Lan Qiren immediately hit his hand and let the paper dropped from his hand. Wei Wuxian blew his hand as it was hurted from getting a hit from Lan Qiren.

"The essence of purging evil is to liberate them. How dare you think of arousing resentful energy instead! You are reversing the natural order, disregarding ethics and morality!" Lan Qiren angrily threw whatever scroll on his hand at Wei Wuxian but Nie Huaisang took the hit on his face instead as he dodged it.

"Spiritual energy is energy, resentful energy is also energy. Why can't resentful energy be used as well?" he pointed out.

Xie Lian facepalmed at him in the background as he knew this boy was such in great trouble. He finally figured out that this boy just wanted to get out from here as soon as possible and he facepalmed more at it. How could he fall into his trap?

"Then, let me ask you again. How do you make sure that the resentful energy obeys you and does not harm others?" Lan Qiren questioned him, gave a disgusting and dissapointed look at him.

"Hmm... I haven't though that for," Wei Wuxian responded.

"If you've thought of it, then the cultivation world wouldn't allow your existence! SCRAM!" he kicked Wei Wuxian out from the class. He happily got out from there and all the disciples couldn't believe what they had just witness.

Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh and cry.

---

A/N: will post the another chapter in minutes after I finished my dinner, ENJOY!

Fun fact: Hua Cheng will only absent for only this day 😁

(1031 words)