6 | Library Pavilion

"Wei Ying... Mind giving me an explaination?" Xie Lian decided to ask him as soon as they switched place.
They stopped by the river with the big tree branch. They went to sit on it.

"I though it was already clear, Your Highness?" Wei Wuxian looked at him.

"Well... Remember that resentful energy only existed at Mortal Realm and Demon Realm. They didn't exist at Ghost Realm and Heavenly Realm after all. How do you even know about this as Hua Chengzhu only has spiritual energy on him as Ghost King? Besides, no one has ever mastered using resentful energy at all. The demons are exception," he stated, knitted one of his eyebrows.

"Your Highness, both of them are energy so why not? Besides, Hua Chengzhu once told us that he managed to lure out resentful energy as you guys have a lot of spiritual energy. I also have a lot of spiritual energy more than the high skilled cultivators do but so close to unlock my immortality, also known as Silver Core inside me," he gave a big sheepishly grin at Xie Lian. He only sighed at him.

"Of course, kids will always be kids, often curious about everything," he pointed out while crossing his arms.

"Hey! I'm not a kid anymore! Oh, Your Highness, A-Cheng and Nie Xiong are here," he pointed at those two who were on the way to them and got up.

"Wei Xiong!" Nie Huaisang and Jiang Cheng went up to him.

Lan Wangji could be seen behind them. Xie Lian greeted them but only waved his hand smilingly at Lan Wangji. He ignored him and went back.

"Your Highness! Don't just wave your hand at him. That's why he ignored you!" Wei Wuxian whined at him. Xie Lian simply ignored him.

"I'd be suprised if he paid you any attention. Think of what you said during class, you're asking for it.

Both him and Old Master Lan probably think you're fundamentally bad, utterly twisted," Jiang Cheng stated.

"That's right. Lan Wangji usually... No, he's never this impolite. But Wei Xiong, I actually found your theory very interesting," Nie Huaisang put his fan on his hand.

"Ahahah, it's really nothing. I just though as I am indeed curious about it," Xie Lian awkwardly scratched his neck as Wei Wuxian grinned at him.

"Hmph, but just don't ever walk that twisted path," Jiang Cheng reminded him.

"Right, you're right," he got up from the tree branch and went up to them.

"By the way, Lan Qiren wants you to copy "Virtue" section of "Righteousness" 3 times to study Heaven's Course and human morals," he continued.

"WEH, JIANG CHENG?! 3 TIMES?! I'll ascend to the heavens after just 1 time! Not doing it," Wei Wuxian pointed out in suprise.

"Wei Ying, just ascend to the heavens already," Xie Lian mumbled jokingly at him.

"Your Highness, please take over my place instead! I hate writing!" he whined while hugging Xie Lian.

"Hmm? Wei Ying, did you say anything?" Jiang Cheng asked them.

"Nothing! Then, shall we go?" Xie Lian smiled at them. Nie Huaisang smiled at him back and led the way to Library Pavilion.

They arrived at Library Pavilion, suprised to find Lan Wangji was inside once Xie Lian opened the door. He innocently smiled at him while the two boys secretly retreated from there. Wei Wuxian tried his best to drag them back as he was only a free soul for the moment. He complained about them being with him for a month as this was Lan Qiren's request.

They both went to him and Xie Lian sat across his table while Wei Wuxian stood next to him. Xie Lian admired his calligraphy writing so much that it made Wei Wuxian pouted at that. It was a great comfortable silence in the room.