4 | Love at the First Sight

"Wei Wuxian! Wei Wuxian! Wei Ying!" Jiang Cheng called him out.

"Coming! Coming!" Wei Wuxian hid the Emperor's Smile secretly by the nearby tree and went up to Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang and entering the Cloud Recesses.

Xie Lian couldn't believe that it was the first things he bought from Caiyi Town as soon as they arrived at Gusu at the evening. He agreed with him to sleep late only just for these. Hua Cheng paid no attention at all as long as he had high torelance in alcohol.

"We made it! We made it!"

"Let's take a break, rest a bit."

"If you get up late again, I definitely won't wait for you."

"It's just being late. We'll be punished to stand at worst. What's there to fear?"

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng took a little break after ran all the way to Cloud Recesses. Xie Lian also finally appeared at the scene, told Wei Wuxian that Hua Cheng was away for Ghost City at the moment through their own telepathic, also known as the private communication array for themselves. Wei Wuxian secretly nodded at him and continued to talk with Jiang Cheng.

(A/N: Wei Wuxian accidentally shared the same password with Xie Lian as he also couldn't think of any good password.)

They both saw Jin Zixuan and decided to greet him. Jin Zixuan only greeted them while looking away and continued his walking.

"Hmph, This Jin Xiong is getting more pompous," Wei Wuxian didn't mean to judge Jin Zixuan with all of his heart.

"Lanling Jin is wealthy as a king. Jin Zixuan is god's favored one. Of course he's pompous," both god and teenage duo snickered at what Jiang Cheng just stated and immediately went back to their position.

Wei Wuxian gave a long thinking while smirking face as he knew that he was the one who secretly God's favored. Jiang Cheng misunderstood about it and immediately elbowed him on his back not too harshly.

"Wait, stop thinking of mischief! I'm warning you. No matter what, Jin Zixuan is A-Jie's fiance. They'll get married one day. Bear with it even though you despise him," Jiang Cheng scolded him but he only received a confusion look from the other as a response. He ignored about his misunderstanding and continued his walking, made Wei Wuxian catched him up. They continued their chat about the Gusu Lan.

They noticed Nie Huaisang was greeted them and they greeted him back. They were having a great chat until they arrived at Orchid Room, Lan Wangji could be seen inside. Nie Huaisang was startled by him as he was looking at them and he pointed out the direction where he was actually looking at using his folding fan and figured out he was looking at Wei Wuxian instead. Wei Wuxian also startled by it and wondered why he was here but looked away immediately when Nie Huaisang pointed at him.

"Wei Xiong, did you step out of line?" Nie Huaisang decided to ask while covering half of his face using his fan.

"Well..."

Wei Wuxian could be seen jumping from roof to another roof at night while carrying the jars. He stopped for a while to check the smell of the wine from the jars once he inside of Cloud Recesses. The smell of the wine was high and great instead. Xie Lian mentally facepalmed at him as he agreed to help him to get the jars.

Little did you know that Xie Lian didn't want to tell him that there was someone on the same roof as well. The person seemed to be from Gusu Lan Sect so he decided to let it go.

It was only took a while for Wei Wuxing whipped his head around and found someone on the roof as well. It was Lan Wangji himself under the moon. Xie Lian received a call from Hua Cheng and decided to leave the teenagers alone for a while. Wei Wuxian mentally called for His Highness to get back as he didn't know what to do. It took for a great moment for an idea.

"It's Emperor's Smile. I'll give you a jar!" he giggled out.

It was only a small comfortable silence between them as Lan Wangji only glanced at him holding out the jars.

"Late returners are not allowed in until 7 in the morning. Get out," Lan Wangji decided to break the silence.

"It's Emperor's Smile! I'll give you a jar, so could you pretend you never saw me?" Wei Wuxian smiled at him.

"Alcohol is forbidden in the Cloud Recesses," he continued to recite the Gusu Lan Sect rules.

"What exactly is not prohibited in here?" he let out a groan.

"It's clearly written on the Wall of Discipline. Go read it," he adviced him. Wei Wuxian pouted at that and went to see the nearest tree branch.

"There are over 3000 family rules without repetition. Who even reads them?" he complained as he let out a sigh. Lan Wangji only glanced more at him which made him little startled by it.

"Alright, alright. I won't go in. I'll sit and drink here. That's not breaking any rules, right?" he removed the cover and poured down the wine jar to his mouth immediately, accidentally let the wine out some flowing from his mouth to his neck.

Lan Wangji was stunned by it and immediately unsheathed his sword, Bichen, wanted to attack him. Wei Wuxian noticed it and immediately wiped his mouth and dodged the attack from him. They were having a great fight under the bright moon.

"Wandering past curfew, alcohol, and unsanctioned duels are banned in the Cloud Recesses. You broke 3 rules on your arrival!" Nie Huaisang pointed out three at him.

"Tch, the rules here are even more than ants," Wei Wuxian complained as his arms crossed.

They noticed Lan Wangji only kept glancing at Wei Wuxian. Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang only wished him for his good luck as they know he was targeting him and got away from him. Wei Wuxian only smirked at that.

"San Lang? I already got away from those boys, what is it?" Xie Lian asked as he sneakily watched the boys from far away.

"Gege, whatever the choice you were gonna make, let him made the choice by himself. Don't step into their little first meeting," Hua Cheng stated through their private communication array.

"Hmm? Why is it?" he decided to ask again.

"Well, you see, Your Highness, it was for the best if you didn't help him with the other boy there. It is because... they are soulmates," he explained which made Xie Lian giggled at that.

"Good choice, good choice. Thanks for reminding me, San Lang. I forgot to read about his soulmate or his marriage life back then. This must be their fell in love in their first sight, I assumed?" he grinned at it

"Mn. Not entirely Your Highnes's fault for Wei Ying being all the dense. I'm gonna be there soon to pick you guys up," Hua Cheng ended their conversation. Xie Lian only smiled at it and bid his goodbye as he watched the boys started a fight.

A/N: im using mxtx's mdzs writing style for this chapter, skip-skip 💪🏻 it was fun to write in this kind of style.

(1228 words)