7 | Biling Lake

"WEI XIONG! WEI XIONG!" Nie Huaisang could be heard right outside of their dormitory, called Wei Wuxing out.

"This really is your lucky day!" he bursted into his room.

"Hmm? Nie Xiong?" Xie Lian lifted his body up from his bed and answered his calling instead.

Jiang Cheng was cleaning his sword on the other bed and there was Wei Wuxian, clung into him and chewed his hair.

"No school for the next few days! Last night, the old man went to Qinghe to attend our sect's discussion conference," Nie Huaisang explained.

Wei Wuxian got all excited as soon as he let Jiang Cheng off and took his place in an instant. Xie Lian was dumbfounded by him.

"Wow! This really is my lucky day! Even the heavens are helping me!" Wei Wuxian laughed with all his heart at that, even Xie Lian joined in.

"When he comes back, you're still gonna get your punishment," Jiang Cheng kept cleaning his sword.

"Why should the living care about their death? I'll keep up the carpe diem until then. Come on! Let's do some carpe diem!" Wei Wuxian lightly kicked his bed.

They were having a great chat as they wanted to head to the town. They apparently happened to meet the Twin Jades Of Gusu Lan, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji.

Wei Wuxian greeted Lan Wangji by calling his birth name instead but didn't get any response from him. Xie Lian sheepishly smiled at that as soon as Hua Cheng also arrived. He immediately smirked at the scene

The Jiang brothers greeted the Lan brothers while Nie Huaisang looked away awkwardly, greeted Lan Xichen.

He smiled at him instead, "Huaisang, sometime ago before I returned from Qinghe, your brother asked about your studies. How have you been? Would you able to pass this year?". Nie Huaisng rubbed behind his head awkwardly instead.

"Zewu Jun, what are you two planning on doing?" Wei Wuxian decided to break the awkward silence between them.

"To exterminate water ghouls. We are short of hands, so I returned to fetch Wangji," Lan Xichen stated.

"Wait, wait. I know how to catch water ghouls!" Wei Wuxian held them as he noticed Lan Wangji grabbed his brother's wrist and wanted to dragged him away from here.

"That is not necessary. The Gusu Lan is also-"

"In Yunmeng, we catch water ghouls all the time. And we have no lessons for the next few days anyways. Zewu Jun, could you take us along?" Wei Wuxian cut Lan Wangji off as he went into further explaination.

"Sure, then, many thanks for you help. You can go prepare. We will depart together. Would Huaisang like to come as well?" Lan Xichen accepted them and asked Nie Huaisang. He shook his head and would pass it as he need to review for his lessons.

Wei Wuxian happily dragged Jiang Cheng to go back to their dorm room, slowly disappeared from the sight together with Nie Huaisang. The couple was about to discuss when they heard the Lan brothers mentioned the Jiang brothers.

Xie Lian was quite suprised that Lan Xichen could perfectly read his brother's expression. He though that this Lan Wangji was just all gloomy because his brother just invited the Jiang brothers with them. Hua Cheng snickered about Lan Xichen told that his brother wished for Wei Wuxian to go as well.

Xie Lian asked Hua Cheng for the reports as soon as the Lan brothers left there. Hua Cheng reported to him that He Xuan would take the heavy resentful energy parts of the Biling Lake as his temporarily terrority because he was curious if he could also control the spiritual energy over the resentful energy. He didn't need to have free foods for the payment as he would lazily save Wei Wuxian later for His Highness.