8 | Cold Spring

Wei Wuxian slowly opened his eyes, just to find himself still on Lan Wangji's arms, about to pass him to Jiang Cheng on the boat.

"Lan Zhan... Jiang Cheng?" he finally awoke, found they were in Caiyi Town.

"Wei Wuxian, get here," Jiang Cheng told himself. Wei Wuxian obeyed him and got himself out from Lan Wangji's  hold, almost lost balance. Both Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng were supporting him.

Lan Xichen approached them and started explaining about the Waterbone Abyss. They found out it was from Qishan Wen Sect and decided to let the elders to take care of it.

"... Jiang Cheng, did Lan Zhan carry me the whole time until we arrived at Caiyi Town?" Xie Lian decided to help Wei Wuxian by asking Jiang Cheng.

Wei Wuxian was bawling out his tears while Hua Cheng only pointed and laughed at him. He cried not because he was in embarassment from carried by Lan Wangji, but he cried because he couldn't believe that he regretted for letting himself slept on his arms for the entire way back to Caiyi Town.

"Yeah, he did because you're unconscious. I felt stupid as I just let him carried you the whole time instead of me," Jiang Cheng stated which made Wei Wuxian lightly punched his back repeatedly while still letting his tears out.

"Oh, I see. I don't mind at all... but I forgot to thank him," Xie Lian scratched his face awkwardly. Jiang Cheng only glanced at him but looked away afterwards.

...

"Slow down, Jiang Cheng. I'm almost shaken off," Wei Wuxian was in pain after took his strokes in Ancestral Hall for his punishment last night. Nie Huaisang fanned his back.

"I'm carrying you, yet you're complaining. Lan Wangji took 50 strokes more than you and walked away by himself. Aren't you ashamed of acting like a cripple?" Jiang Cheng scolded him.

"It's not fair! He supposed not to take his punishment, only me! He only broke the curfew and yet he took the strokes more than mine, I broke more rules than him last night!" Wei Wuxian whined.

"Get off. I'm done carrying you," Jiang Cheng ignored him and about to get him off.

They didn't notice Lan Xichen was approaching them. They greeted him as soon as they noticed him, he greeted them back. Lan Xichen let Wei Wuxian to the Cold Spring for healing his back, Wei Wuxian was very grateful for it.

Wei Wuxian and the couple were walking together to Cold Spring. Hua Cheng secretly grateful that Wei Wuxian didn't ask for his butterflies to heal his back. Xie Lian scolded him for keeping breaking the rules but he didn't pay attention at all as Hua Cheng made fun of him.

They had arrived, found Lan Wangji was also in Cold Spring. Wei Wuxian decided to take his place back and made the couple got away from here, they didn't mind at all.

inserted that Cold Spring scene until they both got separated from episode 5 (donghua) as this author is lazy to write all of it. No girls were mentioned and all the flirts turned into 'compliments' in this chapter. I apologizes.

The couple was there to help him. Xie Lian took his place as Hua Cheng said that Suibian was with Jiang Cheng. Xie Lian was easily to dodge and attack the fierce corpses using E-Ming even without Hua Cheng. Wei Wuxian would tried his best to help Jiang Cheng locate them by using the basic ghost's calling. Xie Lian tried his best to not let himself down as this is not his original body, which was more stronger than everyone.

As soon as he could heard Jiang Cheng calling him and Suibian landed behind him, Xie Lian waa clumsily trying to hide E-Ming. He threw E-Ming up to the sky, resulted getting not-so deep cut on his right palm instead of hiding E-Ming behind his back. Wei Wuxian was just in time also arrived with Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji. He looked up, Hua Cheng was in the air as he catched E-Ming. He gave him a thumb up to let him rest assured.

"Hmm? They got away? Hey, too scared to even seize your sword?" Jiang Cheng guarded their surrounding as if the fierce corpse came back again.

Xie Lian had suprise Pikachu face on his face but showed him his injured palm. He didn't realize he let the blood coming out more instead of holding onto his injured as he only felt the pain for a second. Jiang Cheng facepalmed at him as he always though Wei Wuxian knew what to do. He was about to help him when Lan Wangji was the first one to help him.

Xie Lian noticed this and forcefully let Wei Wuxian took his place. Wei Wuxian was dumbfounded by it as soon as he found his right wrist was being hold by Lan Wangji. He just noticed there was small pool of blood on the ground. He didn't know Xie Lian was getting injured from fighting the fierce corpse. His right hand finished wrapping around using a clean bandage by Lan Wangji. His mind was still in the space.

"Thank you Lan Er Gongzi for your help. It's too late today. We'll express our gratitude properly on another day," Jiang Cheng decided to help him.

"No need," Lan Wangji slowly turned and walked away.

Wei Wuxian finally went back to his mind, grabbed to the sword as he noticed Jiang Cheng was about to go. He suddenly noticed a white rabbit on a nearby tree and decided to get it as it was dangerous out here.

Hua Cheng sent his butterfly to heal the wound as it was a cut from E-Ming. E-Ming was trembled as it was crying and got hit by Hua Cheng, both Xie Lian and Wei Wuxian tried to stop him from scolding E-Ming as it was an accident. Wei Wuxian didn't even let them explained as he understood immediately on their way back. Jiang Cheng didn't notice them all, especially the silver butterfly.

inserted that wei wuxian gave lan wangji the bunnies from donghua at the end of episode 5, this author apologized for being lazy.

---

A/N: I have to skip writing some scene bc my brain stopped working once I started writing it 😐 blame my brain for it.

(1074 words)