11

The city looked beautiful from the hill I was sitting on, especially as it got darker. It was Like watching little stars appear as every light turned on.

After pulling myself together, I began walking and walking until I eventually reached the top of this hill where I had been sitting for hours. My phone buzzed every few seconds from voice mails and text messages from mom, Flash, and even a few from the rest of the team, but none from Nora.

I just wanted to be left alone to think because, at this point, I'm not sure what's worse. The fact that I yelled at everyone or that a part of me meant every word.

I was really okay back home, not perfect, but okay. I had to be because mom and Nora weren't, no matter how much they pretended to be. I realized this after the first time we visited his grave when I was 7.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Girls cut it out!" mom said from the passenger seat.

"It's not me. Dawn keeps kicking my leg!" Nora said.

"You kicked me first!" I yelled.

"It was by accident!" Nora fired back.

"Girls," Mom turned in her seat to face us." Regardless of who did it first, I've told you that our feet stay on the ground multiple times." Mom said sternly." If I have to tell you again there will be consequences when we get home, do I make myself clear?"

"Fine." Nora mumbled before turning to look out the window."I didn't even want to be here!"

"Okay." I said softly

Mom turned in her seat as I watched her reflection in the window. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She began staring blankly out the window as the car went silent. Papa joe took his other hand off the steering wheel and rested it on mom's free hand.

Earlier, Papa Joe said she was just a little sad, and I thought I could make her feel better by telling her a joke I learned at school, but she barely responded.

"That's nice, baby!" Mom said before the car went quiet again.

Usually, she laughs at my jokes, but today was different.

"Are we there yet" Nora huffed.

"Almost!" Papa joe said as he continued driving down the busy streets.

People dressed in Flash costumes or something flash-related blocked the streets, making it impossible to get through. Every time we stopped, I would watch them dance in the middle of the street to muffled music or at all the bright yellow and red decorations covering every building.

"Look, it's The Flash!' I said, pointing out my window at the float.

Nora said the entire city was throwing a big part in honor of The Flash. She wanted to go, but mom said no.

"I'm glad you decided to come!" Papa Joe said, glancing at mom."This will be good for you and the girls, especially today!"

"Yeah!" Mom said softly.

Through the window, we passed a large floating sign that I eagerly read.

"Central City Cem...Ceme...Cemetery?" I whispered to myself.

Papa Joe parked the car and was the first to get out, followed by Me, mom, and Nora. Mom instinctively grabbed my hand as Papa Joe grabbed something out of the trunk.