Chapter 25

Devin's POV

I pushed open the door as I carried myself to my brother's car.

My pen was finally ready to pick up. I was glad I wouldn't have to use the normal pens anymore, they just didn't feel the same in my grip.

I adjusted my jacket as the night breeze cut into my skin. As I walked to my brother's silver Bugatti I slowed down my pace when I heard his voice. His words were slurred since he was in an intoxicated state.

"Please. I helped you when you where drunk," he said in a pleading tone. Who the hell was he talking to? Last time I checked he lost his phone at the bar before I went to pick him up and called Pablo a cab. I instantly checked my suits pocket and cursed myself for forgetting my phone in the car.

I stopped over to the passenger's side and took the phone from him right after he hung up.

"Who did you call Daniel?" I asked in my impatient state.

"My wife," he said in a duh tone.

"And who is your wife because last time I checked you couldn't even get that bartender today to accept your proposal."

Today when I had entered to club him and Pablo were residing in I caught Daniel making a love confession to the young bartender who had been severing him drinks all night. I wanted to laugh at his face when she accidentally over filled his shot glass and poured all the contents of the bottle on his pants. Talk about timing entrance for me.

"My wife is the girl you ditched on her wedding night, engagement party and the month before all of that."

Anger flared in me at his statement.

"Literally why would you do that to such a nice and beautiful women. I can't fucken believe that out of the both of us our parents chose you just because your five minutes older. You being older does not make you the smarter brother. And by the way that Melody chick was not a good lay. I don't get what you see in her, but i do know what she sees in you." He rubbed his right hand fingers together indicating that it was money.

I wanted to beat his ass right then but then I remembered he was drunk and had no control over his brain. Yet I knew he was talking about things he had bottled up since as the saying goes a drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts.

"Why did you call her?"

"I want to see her so I lied so she would come and pick me up."

"She thinks she's picking me up?"

"Yes. Oh wait." He scratched his head trying to recollect what he just said in his call. "Damn it."

~

"Wait then why did Pablo lie?"

"He thought that he saw me leave with one of the girls that dragged me to dance before Daniel and I left. He thought Daniel was me. He's always confusing our names when he's out of it."

"I would still confuse your names even if I was perfectly fine. Like damn you guys are the same person on the outside," Samantha scoffed.

After having the argument with Daniel outside of the pen shop I quickly called Samantha to tell her nothing had happened and that she didn't have to go anywhere. I heard her let out a sigh of relief when she heard me.

She said a quick goodbye and left to her room.

After a few minutes of being all alone at the entrance of my house Daniel's words began to prick at my brain like needles. I was a jerk since the first night I met her. I knew it wasn't her fault for our fathers wrong doings but at that time I didn't know who to blame. And I was a total asshole for leaving my brother to cope with her and force my signature on a legal document while I was away in Australia pretending I wasn't engaged and that nothing that was happening was real.

My phone buzzed from my hand and I turned it on to check what the notification was about.

I was an email from one of my business partners saying if I was available tomorrow for lunch to go over paperwork.

I sent a quick yes to Asher Lockheart and also asked if it would be okay if my wife joined, aka Samantha.

Maybe it was time for me to stop being such a douchebag to her and at least give her a chance. We were suppose to keep up the hole happily married couple for five years so better start now the later because later may never come.

I went up to my room and started to get undressed for a quick shower before bed.

~

After getting dressed in some sweat pants and running a comb over my wet dark locks of hair I walked over to Samantha's door hoping she had not gone to sleep yet.

I knocked on the clean white door. Then the shuffling of a body sounded on the other side and soon the door opened to reveal her pale slim built body.

"Yeah?" She asked in a tired voice.

"Put an alarm to wake up at six. I will be in my car at seven and I expect you to be there at that time. I do not stand tardiness," I said in my authorized filled tone. I never said I would go easy on her I just said I would try to at least act decent and she was the one who wanted a job in the first place.

"That early?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

She left it at that. I walked back to my room and laid on my white covered bed. I reached to my bedside table and put my phone to charge. I laid back on my bed just looking at the ceiling.

Ever since I was young I had always had trouble with falling asleep. I never wanted to take sleeping pills since I had learned the hard way in high school. I over slept and didn't wake up until four hours after my alarm had rang.

Eventually I fell asleep to the soft sounds of the ac running and the inhaling and exhaling of my breath.

A/N

So as you may have noticed I decided to change the point of view for this chapter.

Do you guys like it or should I just stick with Samantha's point of view?

I wanted to thank everyone for reading my story and also taking the time to vote and comment. I'm in the what's hot for ChickLit! Again big thanks.

Please Vote And Comment.

Bye (: