Chapter 4 {Rewritten}

Chapter 4 Rewritten

The following morning was nothing better than the previous night. I had woken up to my mother in my room with two suite cases next to her.

"I'm glad you woke up. I had the maids help me pack up some clothes for you so you can just get ready to go on your honeymoon." Her words took a while to register and I stared at her for a good minute before I was able to process everything.

With a small groan I got up and locked myself in the bathroom. I had also made sure to pound the door so she could hear just how excited I was to be leaving to go on a romantic getaway with Devin.

My mother had told me about her plan to send us off to Hawaii in order to get Devin's and mines relationship going. She had even told me how she planned for a grandchild to be produced during the trip. To her disappointment I gingerly denied her wish. She didn't take it well after that.

After getting all ready for the long plain ride ahead of me, I walked downstairs where Devin was waiting for me while on the phone with someone. When I got close enough to see the features of his face I noticed something different about him. It wasn't that obvious, but it was noticeable. His hair looked a tad bit shorter than yesterday. He must have gotten a trim this morning. It looked good on him though.

"Good morning," I said giving him a small smile.

He didn't return my greeting as I'd hoped for. He nodded his head in acknowledgment and the proceeded back to talking on the phone.

"I'll be back in a month, don't screw shit up." It had sounded like he had woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Usually he was way more happy in the mornings and would always say good morning back. I guess today was just not his day.

I waited for him to finally end the call after arguing with the person on the other end nonstop. Whoever he was talking to he was not happy with.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." He lifted the holder of his luggage and began to roll it outside where a black SUV was waiting. The driver opened the back seat for us to get in. I was the first to enter with Devin following behind me. After having put our bags in the back the driver got into the drivers seat and put the car in drive to be able to get out of the long drive way.

The executive airport was not far from the house. It had taken a couple of minutes for us to arrive next to the private jet that had the name MAKER AIRLINE on the side of it.

The driver stepped out of the car and opened the door for me to get out. I stepped out into small winds blowing around. They weren't chilling due to the scorching sun.

"Have a safe flight Mr and Mrs Maker," Devin's driver said after having gotten out all of our luggage from the back.

Devin said a swift thank you and began to walk to were a staircase assessed onto the plane. I followed behind and look behind me to find someone already preparing to store the luggage bags.

"Do you happen to know how long the plane ride is?" I asked Devin. I settled into the cushioned seat in front of him and closed my eyes in relaxation.

"It's an eight hour flight. We should be arriving there at around 2pm due to the time change."

I caught a glimpse of his Rolex and noticed the time said twelve o'clock. This was about to be a long plane ride.

...

After the long flight Devin and I had arrived in Maui. Our rental house was right on the beach and for a moment I was astonished with the beauty as if I had never seen an ocean. The waters were different, they were more blue and glistened under the bright rays of sunlight being cast down onto the small and recurring waves. The air as well was more refreshing with that hint of tropical aroma in it.

"I'm having the maids unpack for us while we go and get something to eat. Are you hungry?"

I turned away from the gorgeous view to encounter another one. Devin had changed out of his suite and had put on a pair of grey cotton shorts and a white tee. I rose a quick brow and questioned his appearance. He had definitely let his laid back self take over very soon.

"Never thought you would wear anything other than your suites." I walked over to him gave a short laugh when he knotted his eye brows in confusion.

"I mean we're on vacation. Can't I wear this?"

I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to the couch were I had put my purse. I picked it up and started to walk over to the houses front door. Devin followed behind.

It had only taken a few minutes for us to arrive at a gorgeous looking ocean front. We walked inside and soon been sat at a table outside, which I didn't mind one bit.

"Aloha! Welcome to Ka Pua, how may I help you guys today?"

"We will get the chefs choice and a bottle of your finest wine."

"Will that be all for you guys today?"

"Yes."

Our waiter scribbled down Devin's order and left in a rush. Devin's stern tone must have scared the poor girl off.

"Why are you being so rude?" I found myself saying after a long moment of silence.

"I didn't think I was being rude. All I did was order our food."

"But your tone wasn't nice."

He looked up from his phone and stared at me with knitted brows.

"It's just ... your not acting like yourself, the guy I spent getting to know. I don't know, I feel like you just changed over night again. You went back to being the rude man I met the first night. I get that now things are different since were married, but I wish they weren't."

He stared at me for a cool minute before finally speaking up and saying something I didn't expect.

"You're right I'm acting different. I guess the wedding just changed me."

I decided to not reply back. Big events could be life altering. Maybe finally getting married to me had him rethinking everything. If he maybe should have just left. I was thinking that too. If by saying those two words had just ruined my whole life.